"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

That's great

Old 08-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post
What did you from Sweden? I just wonder..
I would say learn more about cuisines that are not "posh" enough to end up in cooking magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie1713 View Post
i have yet to do sweden, but have planned to do it was a bit hard to find swedish dishes so the plan is swedish meatballs and a swedish potato dish and for dessert kladdkaka, are you swedish?
Not Swedish, but I read about Raggmunk in a fiction book I was reading and want to try them. One recipe I found suggested using pancetta for the pork part of the dish. We can get the lingon berry preserves or jam from Ikea but not the fresh berries so that will have to do.

https://sweden.se/culture-traditions/raggmunk/

Old 08-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie1713 View Post
i have yet to do sweden, but have planned to do it was a bit hard to find swedish dishes so the plan is swedish meatballs and a swedish potato dish and for dessert kladdkaka, are you swedish?

Yes I am Swedish, I did post a recipe for meatballs, a proper meatball dinner is boiled potatoes, cream gravy ( that recipe is in the comments of the meatball recipe), meatballs, quick pickled cucumber and lingonjam , you can use cranberry sauce as a substitute. There other main dishes that are lovely too, like kåldolmar meat rolled in cabbage, Dillkött a veal or lamb stew with dill sauce , gravlax with gavlax sauce and boiled potatoes. Yum

I do have good recipe for kladdkaka, yes it is a common dessert and very easy to do. We do have other lovely things to eat, like curd cake our form of cheese cake, Gotland pankaka a saffron and rice pudding, Plättar ( mini pancakes) with jam and whipped cream, waffles with jam and whipped cream or a semla a filled roll with marzipan and whipped cream .
Old 08-22-2016, 02:56 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Raggmunk by the way is potato pancakes, our version and you can use un smoked cured bacon for this, yes it taste like our salt fläsk. Trust me, I have made raggmunk in Scotland.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Posted the recipe for raggmunk in the vegetable section
Old 08-23-2016, 02:22 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

That sounds like a great cooking adventure.
Other ideas....learn new techniques/skills.
Or take an ingredient(s) that you generally don't like or steer away from and embrace it.

Tags
cook, cooking