Cooking More than One Roast at a Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meathead66

Assistant Cook
I purchased one large ribeye roast and had to cut it into two pieces to fit my roasting pan. How does this affect the cooking time? Do I base the time on the weight of one large roast, or do I base it on the individual weights of the two smaller roasts that I now have? Help?:huh:

or do I base it on the individual weights of the two smaller roasts that I now have?

This is correct. Cook it according to the weight of the largest of the two roasts. If you have a meat thermometer it would also make the job easier as well.

I'd go total weight if you have them in there together. Having said that...I would also have my meat thermometer out and be testing about 1/2 way through.

You are cooking two small roasts. Your two smaller roasts have more meat exposed directly to the heat and, because they are smaller, the heat will penetrate to the center faster than for one big roast.

Cook them based on internal temperature. That's the most accurate way. To estimate how long they will need in the oven, figure based on the size of one of the roasts.

Also, if one is smaller than the other, it will reach the right temperature before the larger one.

Back
Top Bottom