Cooking oils????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcc1961

Assistant Cook
I was wanting to know which cooking oil is best for you health wise?I have 4 different kinds of oil and they all contain 14 grams of fat.

I was wanting to know which cooking oil is best for you health wise?I have 4 different kinds of oil and they all contain 14 grams of fat.

Fat is fat...it always has 14 grams of fat per serving and the same number of calories.

Depending on if I want olive oil flavor or no flavor, I use olive oil or canola. They are the good fats and help your HDL cholesterol levels. LDL, saturated fats, come from fats like butter and lard.

i use olive, grape seed, and canola oils, pretty much in that order of frequency.

grape seed is widely overlooked in the u.s., favoring olive and canola, but it is the second most widely used oil in italy and boasts an array of benefits including increasing hdl's and lowering ldl's.

also, it has a very light flavour, so it won't affect the outcome of many dishes as olive oil would, and it has a higher flashpoint so it's better for frying as are olive oils.

hth. :chef:

i use olive, grape seed, and canola oils, pretty much in that order of frequency.

grape seed is widely overlooked in the u.s., favoring olive and canola, but it is the second most widely used oil in italy and boasts an array of benefits including increasing hdl's and lowering ldl's.

also, it has a very light flavour, so it won't affect the outcome of many dishes as olive oil would, and it has a higher flashpoint so it's better for frying as are olive oils.

hth. :chef:

I always forget grapeseed oil, I'm going to have to remember to buy some and give it a try.

My rule of thumb is any fat ingested which retains a solid state at 98.6 degrees fahrenheit should be liquefied in your blood stream with the elevated temperature resulting from exercise. Cook with light oils; flavor with heavy oils.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom