Cooking times for Stuffed Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaineyLoo

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I've just prepared tonights dinner of large cap mushrooms stuffed with ricotta, shallots, tomatoes, and chopped button mushrooms, topped with breadcrumbs. I've never cooked these before and was wondering if anyone would have any idea how long to bake these for in the oven and at what temp.? Thanks in advance!

I bake mine at 350 degree F (medium hot oven, not sure which gas mark that is for you) for 20 -30 minutes, however I do use smaller mushrooms, so it may take a bit longer for large capped (portobello?) mushrooms.

Thanks amber, I was thinking of putting them in at around that temp and for that length of time, I just wasn't sure! I'll just keep an eye on them, make sure I don't burn them to a crisp!

Thanks again!

I never tried tomatoes with stuffed mushrooms and that may give shrooms enough moisture, but if they seem to dry out, cover the pan with a foil, then for the last few minutes take it off, then switch the oven to broil to give the topping a golden brown, crunchy effect...

Thanks urmaniac. I don't think the tomatoes will actually give much moisture at all because I sauteed them first with the shallots, white mushrooms and some garlic, then mixed them into the ricotta with some breadcrumbs so the mixture wasn't all that wet and the toms lost most of their moisture in the pan! I will cover them over with some foil though if they look like they're burning.

Back
Top Bottom