Cooking wine with Alfredo fettecinni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plan is chicken Alfredo fettecinni,

How are some ideas to add the wine either cooking chicken with the wine, or somehow adding wine with the Alfredo sauce.

When do you add it. I've got bertolli Alfredo sauce, basic white cooking wine (non-vinager) and lemon juice. How would I combine those?

Alcohol must be boiled out as kids will be eating it as well

Personally, I'd recommend against ever using "cooking wine" ever. Nasty stuff

And also even if you are using real wine or any other alcohol -- it never evaporates completely.

Fettuccine Alfredo is not typically made with wine. However, you could certainly serve wine with the dish (sodas for the kids).

I wouldn't ever use cooking wine either. Agree that it's nasty stuff.

Regarding wine in cooking, I think it's ridiculous that people worry about that, maybe in the case of a recovering alcoholic, but for others, even children, there's not a lot used to begin with and most of the alcohol content is gone by the time the dish is cooked. And, what are you going to do, keep kids from eating cakes, pies, etc? Anything made with vanilla extract or other flavoring extracts, which are ALCOHOL based, still have alcohol in them at consumption time. OMG, we are making our kids into alkies by feeding them cupcakes with icing!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I made a dish years ago, not alfredo, but white sauce with wine. .

It was a mushroom / pasta dish.

Sauteed garlic, added mushrooms, a little salt and pepper, then the wine to deglaze the pan a bit. In addition, the mushrooms soaked up the flavor.
Hand full of chopped parsley,
then added some butter, cream and ultimately parmesan cheese.

Finally, tossed some precooked linguini and mixed it up ( serving with some more grated parm cheese and some chopped parsley).

Haven't made it in years, and other than the wine, has nothing to do with what you asked other than thats how I introduced the wine in my dish.

So, I hope this kinda helped, in some twisted bizarre way.

Back
Top Bottom