"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Cooking with Chicken breast! What to do??

I cook a lot of chicken breat and I have no idea what I can do to make it not so boring. I marinade it a lot of the times and just throw it in the oven! i am sure my boyfriend is getting sick of just regular chicken breast lol. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Need something new!
Thanks

Old 12-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Head Chef

This is delicious - I've made it many times:
Easy Orange Chicken
Eat@ Forums & Recipes : EASY ORANGE CHICKEN

Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Half Baked

A George Forman grill and some diffrent spice mixes work for us.
I can't cook a better B/S breast any other way.

Other dishes if you want more complicated:
Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Parmesan
Chicken kebobs marinated in greek yogurt and herbs
Chicken and veg foil packs.
Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Chicken fried Steak-I top mine with with tomato,avacado,swiss
Chicken Pizza
Chicken Shepherds Pie
Chicken Marinara with Spaghetti
Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Head Chef

This is a big favorite in our house
The Deen Brothers' BBQ Chicken Recipe : : Food Network
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Senior Cook

There are a lot of ways on how you can make the chicken breast really good and also it has a lot of recipe. :D
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

i do them a lot on my george forman. also can bake many ways. one that i really like is just to pour chili sauce on top of them and bake. make tacos with em or just bake them. first dredge in flour. and then bake. you can find tons of ways to do them, on line.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Head Chef

Chicken Breast is such a versatile ingredient. You can do many things with it.

Boil the breast with a little diced garlic and chopped ginger, salt and water
When it's cooked, shredd it and make packets and store it in small ziploc bags in the freezer
Remove a bag and use it in enchiladas (look up chicken enchilada recipe) OR
Use antoher to make stir fry noodles (I just made these with whole wheat spaghetti, broken into peices, some veggies, green onions, eggs and stir fry sauce) and viola a good meal
OR
Make chicken salad sandwiches by using store bought mayonnaise, dried fruit of your choice, nuts chopped, celery, shredded boiled chicken and side of chips and again a nice meal
OR
Add it to soup of your choice. Chicken Noodle, Corn Chowder, etc.

You can in turn dice the raw chicken breast into chunks and make a curry out of it. If you like curry that is. If you are not an advance cook who has access to a ton of spices, go to any store and buy either a thai or indian curry in a bottle and some coconut milk. You can follow instructions, add the chicken chunks and then serve over white rice

You can also finely dice the chicken breast with a knife or in a food processor if you have one and it will turn into ground chicken. You can make meatloaf with it or add it to chili or make little meat balls with it and make sphagetti and meatballs

Finally you said you are looking for marinade ideas for chicken breast. Given I am Indian, I'll give you two with an Indian flair, try it you like the sound of it.

Cilantro and Mint Marinade - Bunch of cilantro, handful of fresh mint, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 cup of sweet cashews (not roasted), 1 green chili, salt, lime juice and a 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Throw this all in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the chicken breast and let it marinate for an hour or so. Bake or grill (don't discard the marinade, if you bake, pour it over as the chicken bakes, it makes a nice gravy) and enjoy with naan.

Yogurt Marinade - 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger, 2 tbps of tomato puree or tomato sauce, salt, 1 cup of chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 1 tbsp of ground corrainder. Stir it all together and pour it over the breast. Again bake or grill and enjoy with anything that you like, flatbread, naan, rice, etc.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Pound them out, season with salt and pepper and brown them in a bit of olive oil in a lidded skillet. Add 1 large can of diced tomatoes, 1 small can sliced black olives, cover and simmer on low until the chicked in cooked. Just before serving squeee in the juice of 1/2 a small lemon.

Server over your favorite pasta or with a salad.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuta View Post
Chicken Breast is such a versatile ingredient. You can do many things with it.

Finally you said you are looking for marinade ideas for chicken breast. Given I am Indian, I'll give you two with an Indian flair, try it you like the sound of it.

Cilantro and Mint Marinade - Bunch of cilantro, handful of fresh mint, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 cup of sweet cashews (not roasted), 1 green chili, salt, lime juice and a 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Throw this all in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the chicken breast and let it marinate for an hour or so. Bake or grill (don't discard the marinade, if you bake, pour it over as the chicken bakes, it makes a nice gravy) and enjoy with naan.

Yogurt Marinade - 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger, 2 tbps of tomato puree or tomato sauce, salt, 1 cup of chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 1 tbsp of ground corrainder. Stir it all together and pour it over the breast. Again bake or grill and enjoy with anything that you like, flatbread, naan, rice, etc.
Definitely going to try that yoghurt marinade. Sounds yummy. Marinate that one for an hour too?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

for boneless breasts, my favourite thing to do with them is chicken parmagiana. i could eat it every week.

for the chicken parm, pound the breasts out a little, then dip in a beaten egg, let excess drip off and press well in seasoned breadcrumbs (breadcrumbs, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried basil, black pepper, finely grated parm) on both sides to coat.

quickly fry breaded breasts in grapeseed oil or light olive oil until breading turns golden brown. the chicken shouldn't be completely cooked through at this point.

in a 13x9 baking dish, pour a good layer of your favourite tomato sauce (we use prego brand traditional sauce a lot), then place the browned chicken breasts on top, overlapping the edges if necessary.

sprinkle chicken with a little more grated parm, then a healthy amount of shredded mozzarella and cover dish with foil.

bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chicken finishes cooking through.

my mom likes to then put the dish uncovered under the broiler to get the cheese to brown and crisp on the edges a bit.

serve with pasta, crusty bread and butter.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote