Cooking with kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbecue Beef Filled Biscuits

1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/3 cup BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
1 can (7.5 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese

BROWN meat in medium skillet; drain. Add green pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Add carrots and barbecue sauce; mix well.
SEPARATE biscuits. Press 1 biscuit onto bottom and up side of each of 8 medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. (See Note below for what to do with remaining 2 refrigerated biscuits.)
SPOON meat-vegetable mixture evenly into biscuit cups, pressing filling into cups with back of spoon. (Filling will be mounded.)
BAKE at 375°F for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking 3 to 4 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
bbb.png

When we are "old and creaky", or adoring the grandchildren, let us hope we have raised amongst us few "kids" that love "cooking"!

Maybe that'll "bridge" a few age issues, pass on some unwritten concepts, and derive into more "family nights"...(if not "knights")...we all, want "better"for the "kids", if not the grandchildren, don't we?

Better migt include the choice of "nursing home" we are deported to, the "disconnection "choice", etc...

LOL!

When I get there, kids, pull the plug, and collect the "insurance", and have a great life!...

Lifter

Here are a couple of cute things from kraftfoods.com.
http://kraftfoods.com/kf/FoodandFamily/Festive_2002/simplecelebrations/rw_cookie

and

Funny Face Desserts
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 4 servings, 1/2 cup each

2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
Decorations, such as JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows, chocolate chips, shoestring licorice, gummy worms or other assorted decorations

POUR milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
SPOON pudding evenly into 4 dessert dishes or plastic or paper cups. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
MAKE faces on pudding with decorations just before serving.

Click this link to see a picture of these: http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&recipe_id=57521

What a wonderful, WONDERFUL thread, guys!!! There are some incredible ideas here sure to delight the wee ones!

MJ, those dogs are just too darned great! I'm going to have to make some of those for the hoard of young people around here this weekend -- that will likely inspire a few comments and giggles from even older kids!

Just plain great ideas, folks. Thank you!!!

I always feel kinda funny chiming in on this because I don't have kids. But I do know that kids love any "cook at the table" meal. Sukiyaki and fondue topped the list of favorite meals when sisters and I were children, and I've found that my kid guests still love them. They also get interested in cooking themselves, and both can be very nutritious. Sukiyaki in particular can get kids interested in how beautiful vegetables and meat look laid out on a platter, the raw ingredients look like a poster. Meat fondu can be done in stock rather than oil, and the stock used for a small cup of broth at the end of the meal.

My son (now 20) used to love to make his own pizzas.
I'd buy a pre-made dough and then let him decorate it.

We did this with our niece a few months ago and
she had a blast. Simple, easy and fun.

P.s. Paul makes the dough himself now. So, much better than
the other way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom