Cooking with wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link tenspeed. I'm a Kenji fan and happy to hear I've been doing it right all along. ;)

Woo hoo! Me too! ;) Actually, I have a box of pink for me and a box of Merlot for DH that I dip into. And then I have a four-pack of mini bottles of Pinot Grigio for cooking with white wine.
We're a two-box household, too. Red for colder weather, white for warmer weather..and both of them are mine! All Mine! BwaHaHa! :ermm: :ohmy:

Actually, the only time the white gets used in cold weather is for cooking. Only one box in the house now (red), and the only time I think "white" is when I'm reaching for it to add to a dish...and the spot in the pantry is empty. :(

Interesting...because where I live all grocery stores "card" for cooking wine just like other alcohol.
That's very strange. I've never heard of any such restriction for cooking wine.

Here in Minnesota it's just considered another food item and sits on the shelf right next to the vinegar. No ID is needed. In fact, in this state it's the ONLY kind of wine you can buy in grocery stores, or on a Sunday.

I would think if they are carding you for cooking wine, then they should also be carding you for mouthwash or vanilla extract. :LOL:

dsc_0033.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom