"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2019, 12:58 AM   #51
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
rr: "All that will be done is a (tall, maybe 3 ft) outside faucet being brought up close to where I want my garden. I won't be having any water brought into the trailer. If I want water, I'll have to go out and get it. It's not ideal, but it's not something that will bother me that much. It won't be the first time I've had to do that."

In the begnning I didn't mind carting water but that got old real quick. So in
summer for my chicken coop, I run a garden hose from an outside faucet, thru a hole in a screen, resting the nozzle in the sink. I have a double opening on the faucet so I don't have to keep changing and attaching different hoses. There are ones available that shut off individually. I also used to have one that had 4 outlets should you need to go in more than one direction.

I leave it on during the day unless I'm going to be away for the whole day. Suggest you to do the same. You would not need to come home to a leak and burnt pump.
Er, I'm not going to have electricity at first, so I won't have a pump. I'm sure I'll have hose on the faucet but I doubt I'll need a split nozzle. All I'll be doing is filling one or two gallons of water a day and that's pretty much what I do now when I put ice water in the fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda0818 View Post
Sounds like an expensive project, but hopefully it all works out. I like dragnlaw's garden hose suggestion.
Well, now that I think about it, a split nozzle with a 30ft garden hose on one nozzle and a 10ft hose on the other will be useful. A short hose for washing my hair is way easier than fighting with a long hose for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I hope it works out the way you want. You have a lot of challenges ahead.
Story of my life. I'm one of those hard luck people you read about. I can't remember when I haven't had challenges and usually more than one at a time.

------------------------
I cook because my pots and pans are the closest thing to a chemistry experiment that I have. So far I haven't blown up the kitchen!
rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #52
Executive Chef

rr, the hoses I only meant for in the future. I understand your electricity is not in yet and it may be a while.

I'm not understanding where your water will be coming from. Will you have a well? A pump can be gas/propane driven.

Tags
cook, cooking, free, freezer