Cool product - True lime and lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 packet equals an 8th wedge of lemon or lime, enough for one 10-16 ounce beverage.

Interesting. I have a box of lemon and a box of lime packets. They have different measures.

Lime: 4 packets = 1 whole lime (add 2 Tbls water)
Lemon: 6 packets = 1 whole lemon (add 3 Tbls water)​

I rarely add any water and never measure ;) I see a "born on" date on the box but no expiry date.

Regarding added sugar... the dehydrated juice has no extra added ingredients. The package says it's a no sugar product BUT also makes clear that there is dehydrated sugar that naturally occurs in the juice. In other words this has the same amount of sugar as the corresponding amount of fresh lemon or lime juice.

Last edited:
Interesting. I have a box of lemon and a box of lime packets. They have different measures.
Lime: 4 packets = 1 whole lime (add 2 Tbls water)
Lemon: 6 packets = 1 whole lemon (add 3 Tbls water)​
I rarely add any water and never measure ;) I see a "born on" date on the box but no expiry date.

Regarding added sugar... the dehydrated juice has no extra added ingredients. The package says it's a no sugar product BUT also makes clear that there is dehydrated sugar that naturally occurs in the juice. In other words this has the same amount of sugar as the corresponding amount of fresh lemon or lime juice.

I don't have the boxes anymore, was just reading off the packets. Both said they were the equivalent of 1/8th wedge, enough for flavoring a 10-16 0unce beverage, I'm suspecting it's the equivalent of using a slice of lime or lemon in a glass tea or water, not to reconstitute the packet to full juice levels.

Off to visit Amazon. Have not seen it here locally. Thanks for the great info, guys!

I really want the lime. I have all the fresh lemon juice I need from my tree, but there have been several times I wish I had a lime on hand for guacamole or a salad.

The Tajin' seasoning I love so much is just lime granules, chili powder and salt. I can see making my own with less salt.
Great info and thanks.

Thanks to this thread, I hunted down this stuff and bought a box of True Lemon.

I made some egg and lemon soup last night as part of dinner and realized I didn't have any lemon so I used several packets of True Lemon. Perfection! Worked great.

Thanks for letting us know about this product, Janet.

I was surprised to find True Lemon in my local Dollar Tree for you guessed it, $1.00. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm not sure if it is a standard size package, the box I bought contains 12 individual packets.

Back
Top Bottom