Corned Beef...can it be baked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get the flat cut if your buy'n it, imo. I've smoked it and it turns out nice and tender, but I have never made a good point cut...

Definitely go for the flat cut over the point cut. It's leaner and easier to slice. The point cut has a load of fat.

Any other idea out there?

That's a dangerous question to ask when I'm around!:ROFLMAO: The last two times I did corned beef I cooked them in my new Sous Vide Supreme. I did one at 147, the other at 131. Both were cooked under vacuum for three days.:) They both came out quite tasty!:chef:

I store my left over boiled corned beef in VacPack bags in the freezer, I just put the frozen bag in cold water and bring to a simmer to heat it comes out good as new.

I cooked some corned beef tonight in the pressure cooker, about an hour. Before cooking, I soaked it in cold water for a couple of hours to help further reduce the salt content. It turned out very well.

It still had that corned beef taste without all the salt. Quite tasty! I am preppeing the other two I bought in the same way. Then, once cooked, repack in my new Foodsaver.

I finally broke down and made Shrek buy me one. Only after I bribed him with split pea soup.

Ok everybody out there...my husband and I have a question, Can corned beef be baked in the oven? Has anyone ever cooked it any other way other than boiling it in water for hours? He loves corned beef and we are just looking for alternate ways of preparing it.

I've never baked it, for fear of having a tough piece of meat, but I have cooked it in the crock pot and it came out great. I use the crock pot as an alternative to boiling it.

Back
Top Bottom