"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #41
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I use to buy the frozen wings but found them small and inconsistent in size. Based on your comment, I'll check again to see if the frozen wings have changed.
Take another look Andy. I'm pretty sure they are Kirkland brand but not positive. They are buried in the silly chest freezer in my basement.
But they are big! The biggest and best I have ever purchased. It was the fresh wings that were small in our store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
WELL!
As of June 20th, Costco will ending their long standing
relationship with American Express
and changing ships to Visa.
Where did I put that Visa Card
You will need it pretty soon. 3 days away. The new Visa has better rebates than the AMEX had.
I like AMEX as they are customer oriented. I hope Citi Visa will be as good as AMEX was.

For anyone that has the Costco AMEX and has not received your new Citi Bank Visa, you need to call about it. We got ours two weeks ago.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:33 PM   #42
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
We don't have the Costco AMEX, and the Visa that we have, two acrually, will give us Hilton points or cash back... I like the cash back better, that way by the time we make say 2-3 Costco runs, it'll pay a bill to Visa.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:31 AM   #43
Senior Cook

Oh gawd: they do so many things so well. That grassy-green-gorgeous olive oil, those six-packs of gorgeous sardines for $10...

But the best (here in the Pacific NW) is the 1 lb tubs of fresh Dungeness crabmeat. They are currently $28, as they should be, but one time roommate and I found them mispriced at $8. I immediately sent her out the door with six of them, and followed along shortly with all the rest. Shelf life is only 2-3 days, so OF COURSE we had to eat 12 lb of knickerdropping crab quickly, what a shame, what a shame, what a shame...
Old 06-25-2016, 02:29 AM   #44
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by outRIAAge View Post
Oh gawd: they do so many things so well. That grassy-green-gorgeous olive oil, those six-packs of gorgeous sardines for $10...

But the best (here in the Pacific NW) is the 1 lb tubs of fresh Dungeness crabmeat. They are currently $28, as they should be, but one time roommate and I found them mispriced at $8. I immediately sent her out the door with six of them, and followed along shortly with all the rest. Shelf life is only 2-3 days, so OF COURSE we had to eat 12 lb of knickerdropping crab quickly, what a shame, what a shame, what a shame...
I like your demeanor and your excellent taste in seafood.
I guess you can't freeze/refreeze crab meat? Never crossed my mind until now. I say no, no freezing. Anyone disagree?

Today now that I'm older, I hate to admit, but I would tell the store about the mix up.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #45
Senior Cook

C'mon, give me a wee break. I'm the guy who finds the wallet and turns it in with money intact. When I find I haven't been charged for something, I go back and pay for it. Before that crab came along, my worst sin was mislabelling pine nuts from the bulk bin (which I still do, so sue me).

A quick dinner-party announcement, then Thai crab cakes followed by Crab Louis and crab potstickers, and six pounds were gone before the day was out. Yum. Freezing? We considered that, but we had perfection right in front of us, so we just kept eating.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #46
Everymom

Didn't read the whole thread but did anyone mention either the Bark Thins or the Snappers? Talk about addictive!

I also buy my chicken breast there (frozen 4kg) when they put the price down a bit. Good deal and best quality.

Their kirkland brand pharmacy stuff is a winner too. We buy what would be Robax Platinum for about 1/3 the price.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #47
Senior Cook

Another Costco staple that I am never without: Kirkland Parmesan. I keep it wrapped tight in a ziplock bag, and it's good for the six months it takes me to finish it. The rinds don't go to waste: I save them to make (say) minestrone. And I always leave the store with a slab of Coastal Cheddar.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #48
Certified Pretend Chef

I usually buy parm reg and Locatelli romano @ Costco. Regularly good prices.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #49
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The Kirkland Brand vitamins and OTC medicines are the best and inexpensive compared to other stores/pharmacies.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #50
Certified Pretend Chef

Costco Products You Enjoy

We buy all of our over-the-counter medications at Costco. They are for great low-cost alternative for the expensive brand-name stuff. I also feel one prescription that it's not covered by my insurance.

I really appreciate the "compare to… " Statement on the various medication bottles let you know what you're buying.