Costco Products You Enjoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We've all gotten some great tips on especially good Trader Joe's products via another thread. I thought it might be a good idea to do something similar for Costco.

Recently, K-Girl recommended the Coconut Bites. We bought some today and they are delicious and addictive.

In their most recent flyer, Costco discounted their Myer Lemon Thin Cookies. As I am a freak for lemon desserts, I put a box of these in the cart today. They are also very good. I'll be buying them again.

Everyone knows Costco has the BEST rotisserie chicken.

What are some of your favorites?

So glad that you and yours enjoyed those Coconut Bites, ono, yeah?
Now, I WILL need to look for those Meyer Lemon Thins, we love Meyer Lemons!

As for other Costco products that we enjoy is the consistent quality in their meat counter. New York Strip Steaks are a fav in our house.

costco strip steak.jpg
[file photo]

We can't wait to get settled in our temporary digs and purchase our new grill.

So many.......

I love their olive oil.
They carry PRIME beef at good prices.
They shrimp and scallops are huge when they do a seafood fest.
I can get real jamon Serrano.
The lamb is good.

+1 on the lamb chops. tiger shrimp, mahi mahi frozen in a bag, milk is the best, Kirkland brand Cabernet, 1.5 L $8.29, eggs, parm cheese (actually the whole cheese counter). I can go on.

The cheese and charcuterie counter. Avocado oil...Best butter prices anywhere. Seafood fest. The produce is fantastic. I could go on. I like the Kirkland brand, it has never failed me.

Salmon spread cream cheese. Mango juice is to die for. Frozen portions rainbow trout super convenient and yummy to make. The flowers are cheaper than many other places. I love their baking potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I will second the meats. Always tender and great tasting.
I don't like their shrimp and only bought it one time. It tastes just like the pond (muddy) they were raised.
Kirkland cooking spray beats the brand names hands down and is half the price.

Last edited:
I buy most of my meat at Costco. Steaks and ground beef, Ribs, pork loins and tenderloins, Racks of lamb. Really good quality. They used to have great chicken wings but their current suppliers produce isn't as good.

We also buy their TP, vitamins/supplements, pain relievers, allergy meds, etc. I buy my printer ink and paper there. SO gets her reading glasses there.

I bought a Kirkland Signature 13-piece tri-ply cookware set 15 years ago that is still going strong. I buy small electric appliances.

You get the idea, just about everything.

On the flip side, I don't care for their cooking spray as it foams up too much when sprayed.

I fill a prescription there that isn't covered by my insurance.

Last edited:
I don't particularly enjoy them, but I always purchase these items out of necessity.

Olive oil
Marathon toilet paper, 40 roll pack. I purchase many cartons when on sale.
Kirkland paper plates, large, med, & small.
Tin foils, regular and heavy duty

Kirkland organic chicken stock. Better Than Bouillon low sodium chicken base. Cheese, smoked salmon, black beans, crushed tomatoes, frozen potstickers, coconut water. And of course the requisite paper products.

I like so many things at Costco.

Last edited:
My number one favorite thing at Costco is their lamb chops! They put all others to shame as they are always perfect in every way. I know it's time to go to Costco when I don't have any left in the freezer.
img_1467699_0_9f5bf95769fffb18027a9a59b9a6381d.jpg
img_1467699_1_b7831767149974614846549eabdd4736.jpg

Last edited:
Costco

Coffee, olive oil, meats, and wine and beer are the reasons I trade at Costco.

It's probably just a coincidence, but the route to the checkout line runs through the candy section. Every time I leave, one of those 16 packs of Altoids and the really big jar of chocolate covered almonds falls into my cart.

My number one favorite thing at Costco is their lamb chops! They put all others to shame as they are always perfect in every way. I know it's time to go to Costco when I don't have any left in the freezer.
img_1467701_0_b7831767149974614846549eabdd4736.jpg

Forgot the lamb chops. And the rotisserie chicken.

The store made rotisserie chicken Alfredo is also quite tasty.

I used to really like their big whole fresh chicken wings. Now they have been replaced by fresh "party wings" all jointed without the tips. Grrr, I like the whole ones, as I don't want them cut apart like that. Without the tips, it makes for easier turning on the grill.

The hot dogs and pizza they serve outside so you don't have to grocery shop while hungry! But that was long ago. I gave up my membership when I gave up my insignificant other and my son got married. Shopping at Costco for one person is not cost effective.

I used to really like their big whole fresh chicken wings. Now they have been replaced by fresh "party wings" all jointed without the tips. Grrr, I like the whole ones, as I don't want them cut apart like that. Without the tips, it makes for easier turning on the grill.

I agree with this 100%. I was upset they discontinued the other wings and complained to Costco. They were bigger and more uniform in size too.

img_1467722_0_b7831767149974614846549eabdd4736.jpg

Those are definitely some fine looking chops!

That would be a definite negative for me too, as I reserve the tips for stock. It's all irrelevant for me anyway, as there is no Costco east of Denver here, so along with shopping for 2 and having to pay an annual fee for the privilege of being a member, it just doesn't make much sense financially.

Last edited:
Costco to the east of me, Costco to the west. Here we are, an hour away from either of the "closest" locations. I swear whenif we move back to OH, I'll be spotting the Costco locations and choosing where to move based on that!

Sounds like a good plan, CG! :LOL:

Another one here who doesn't have a Coscto nearby, unfortunately. It's a 200 mile round trip drive. I sure want to go now after reading these posts and seeing pics. :yum:

I usually just mainly stock up on paper products, shampoos and conditioners, vitamins, etc. But there's always some goodies and other non perishables that find their way into my cart.

Andy... from one lemon lover to another, have you tried these luscious little cakes from Costco? :ohmy: They are VERY lemony, and to die for. :yum: My daughter brought some up when she came to visit on Saturday. The brand name is "Upper Crust" and like kgirl mentioned, I didn't even look at the calories, not that I would care. LOL

Attachments

• Mini lemon bites.jpg
    Mini lemon bites.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 277
Back
Top Bottom