Cracker Topping Spices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I'm dehydrating some extra veggies tomorrow. Tomatoes, Onions, Bell Peppers, Red and green, Chives. After they are fully dehydrated I was going to run them through my KA grinder attachment, mix them all together with a little Kosher Salt. Sprinkle them on top of the crackers before baking.

I'd like to add sesame seeds to the mix but not sure if they should be toasted first or leave them to bake with the crackers. How do you toast Sesame seeds anyways?

It's going to rain tomorrow. Thought Soup, Cheese sammiches and home made crackers would be great to keep the chill off.

Thankies,

Munky.

Dry roast the sesame seeds in a med hot frying pan, just till they get a little color and don't walk away from them, they go fast. Shake the pan to "stir" them

Your idea sounds excellent!

You should probably roast them first. The time that it takes to brown the topping will probably not be enough to roast the sesame seeds.
If you put them on a baking sheet in a 400 F oven, they should be done in 10-20 mins. Start checking every few mins after ten. They will turn brown, smell good and sometimes, a few will snap crackle and pop. If you want to keep a better eye on them, roast a thin layer of the seeds on an ungreased frying pan, stirring to prevent burning until brown, smelling good, etc.
Cheers

Ahhhh, seems simple enough will give it a try. Thank you.

*Note To Self*
Watch the projectile seeds. Wear protective eye gobbles! :LOL:

Munky.

I'm dehydrating some extra veggies tomorrow. Tomatoes, Onions, Bell Peppers, Red and green, Chives. After they are fully dehydrated I was going to run them through my KA grinder attachment, mix them all together with a little Kosher Salt. Sprinkle them on top of the crackers before baking.

I'd like to add sesame seeds to the mix but not sure if they should be toasted first or leave them to bake with the crackers. How do you toast Sesame seeds anyways?

It's going to rain tomorrow. Thought Soup, Cheese sammiches and home made crackers would be great to keep the chill off.

Thankies,

Munky.

Kill two birds w/ one stone. Sprinkle 'em w/ grated parm & wrap 'em in BACON. :pig:

Holiday Bacon Appetizers | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom