Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We visited Mum this morning, I took along her ancient book of hand written recipes, this is not bull her face lit up and she translated her recipe for Sacha Torte, my wife asked her in German if she remembered making the cream, she replied in German that in those days she had to use what limited produce she had, and that she put soft butter in the Kenwood with some milk and let it run on slow adding a little more milk, she said it was not the same as proper cream but we had to make do.
I dont really care it was a special morning.:)

We visited Mum this morning, I took along her ancient book of hand written recipes, this is not bull her face lit up and she translated her recipe for Sacha Torte, my wife asked her in German if she remembered making the cream, she replied in German that in those days she had to use what limited produce she had, and that she put soft butter in the Kenwood with some milk and let it run on slow adding a little more milk, she said it was not the same as proper cream but we had to make do.
I dont really care it was a special morning.:)

How wonderful for you and your Mom that you could share that again.

We visited Mum this morning, I took along her ancient book of hand written recipes, this is not bull her face lit up and she translated her recipe for Sacha Torte, my wife asked her in German if she remembered making the cream, she replied in German that in those days she had to use what limited produce she had, and that she put soft butter in the Kenwood with some milk and let it run on slow adding a little more milk, she said it was not the same as proper cream but we had to make do. I dont really care, it was a special morning.
:)

The mystery is solved! What a special morning, indeed. Often the oldest memories are right on the surface.......I'm so happy for your special moment with your mom!

Bolas, anyone who knows me knows that I'm all about family. Your story put a lump in my throat.

As for making butter into cream, I would first start with 2 cups warm milk in the blender, about 130'F. I would then add softened, unsalted sweet butter, about a tbs. or so, and blend it together. Taste it for flavor and mouth feel. Add more butter or milk as needed.

By keeping everything warm, I would think the blender would break up the butter globules into small enough parts to re-incorporate into the liquid.

This is all an educated guess though, as I haven't tried it.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom