Cream of Coconut Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Happy Easter to all
I am making a Coconut Poke cake for an elderly lady for Easter.
I am only making 1/2 a recipe as the whole recipe is to much for her.
Having my Easter dessert all set previous I will have a 1/2 a can left.

My question is do you think can it be frozen.

Thanks everyone.

I don't see why not, Letscook (says she who freezes everything). You may have to stir it up really well when you defrost it.

Scoop it out of the can and put it in a freezer container.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I poured 1/2 into a container and put it in the freezer.
Figured what the heck try it. Thought I could always use in a chocolate frosting for a Mounds bar flavor cake.
Not a fan of pina coladas or I probably would have.

Thanks again

Oooh, ya know what, Letscook? Nothing better than coconut ice cream. You already have a good start, just add some milk or cream and some shredded coconut and a bit of sugar. It is so good!

Not I. But based on the deliciousness of coconut ice cream, I have a sneaking suspicion that freezing it would work.

It's basically sugar and fat, delicious sugar and fat, I have a feeling that it would freeze well.

I use it in my coconut cream pie but never thought to freeze the leftover coconut cream.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

update - It freezes great ! Made some cupcakes and remember it in the freezer, so decided to thaw it and take a coupe of the cupcakes and turn them into the poke cake,
It didn't separate, but still gave it a whisking, Worked just fine.

Just incase someone didn't know
The poke cake is a regular cake mix cooked according to the box directions, then when it comes out - I use the handle of a wooden spoon and poke lots of holes in it, then pour over a can of cream of coconut over it, let it completely cool. I have frosted with buttercream frosting and also just a whip topping (cool whip) then cover coconut flakes. store in fridge. Super moist
Also made with a chocolate cake with great results

Thank you so much for the update and recipe tips, letscook. I'll remember that, as I don't always use up a whole can of coconut milk.

It's also nice as a coffee creamer, btw. :yum: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom