Creamy Shrimp Tempura Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissy13

Cook
Hi all, I recently had some really delicious creamy rock shrimp tempura and was wondering if I could get some good recipes! It was the perfect amount of spicy and sweet. Loved it! :chef: What would go well with it? Maybe some steamed veggies and/or noodles? What do you all think?

You can order
Creamy Tempura Rock Shrimp
from Planet Hollywood for $18...

...OR...

You can make breaded Tempura Shrimp
and cover it in a Spicy Sauce made of...

1/2 C Mayo
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 or 3 tsp Garlic-Chili Sauce (Tobanjan)
2 or 3 tsp fresh Lime Juice

Plate it on top of Endive and
sprinkle Crispy Fried Onions or Carmelized onions
over the top and enjoy :)

Attachments

• Planet-Hollywood-creamy-rock-shrimp.jpg
    Planet-Hollywood-creamy-rock-shrimp.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 246
Oooh WOW & YUM.

Dang it, MollyAnne I'm going to have to get a drool guard for my keyboard.

You can order
Creamy Tempura Rock Shrimp
from Planet Hollywood for $18...

...OR...

You can make breaded Tempura Shrimp
and cover it in a Spicy Sauce made of...

1/2 C Mayo
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 or 3 tsp Garlic-Chili Sauce (Tobanjan)
2 or 3 tsp fresh Lime Juice

Plate it on top of Endive and
sprinkle Crispy Fried Onions or Carmelized onions
over the top and enjoy :)

That's a pic of exactly what I had!! Thanks for the recipe MollyAnne! I had it at Koi over in Hollywood and I give it an A+. What other dish do you think that would go well with if I'm cooking for a few friends?

The recipe I posted is not from Planet Hollywood though so it might taste a little different than theirs...I'm sure their recipe is a secret. Sandra Lee of Food Network has a recipe for it and she uses Shezuwan spice (sp?) instead of the Tobanjan garlic-sauce. Her reviews only gave 3 stars out of 5 so I doubt it's as good.

Well, you're no fun :-p. Just teasing you jenny. I aim to please though so here's my suggestion: How about if you just adjust the recipe...use panko breadcrumbs, bake it instead of frying it, substitute Nayonnaise for Mayo (it's just as tasty but is a soy product), and leave off the heavy cream competely (you don't need it). If you need to thin it just use some skim milk.

Ya, could I use yogurt instead? I'm not a fan of soy milk :/

It is a pretty heavy dish, but oh so yummy. I doubt I'll make some as good as that one anyway haha!

You could use yogurt, my question mark was for whether you can tolerate it physically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom