Creative Date Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairygirl69

Senior Cook
We didn't have the money for a date night out and my mouth was all set for Waffle House steak and hash browns (scattered all the way with chili not sausage gravy). So I decided to do some research, get some cheap steaks on managers special, and start cooking to make steak and hash browns ala Waffle House. What are your creative date night/ restaurant night ideas?

Back when we were dating and newlyweds, our "date night" usually consisted of homemade pizza (Bisquick crust, spaghetti sauce and cheese) and milkshakes. VCRs were just becoming popular but we didn't have one so we would just watch TV.

Back when we were dating and newlyweds, our "date night" usually consisted of homemade pizza (Bisquick crust, spaghetti sauce and cheese) and milkshakes. VCRs were just becoming popular but we didn't have one so we would just watch TV.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that! We went 7 years w/o cable. Watched a lot of PBS, read books, and talked a lot.

When we were kids ( 100 years ago) we would go to the super market, get what we needed to bake a cake or cookies or something from a cook book ( pre-internet, so we actually used books). We'd come home, cook, eat and watch a crappy movie ( which we had to go to the video store to rent for $3 for the week)

Cheese and crackers by candlelight on a blanket on the living room floor with music .. then dance and chat ... makes me think it's time for another one of those date nights !!

Throw a nice fire in the fire pit. Smoked oysters and slices of a good sharp cheddar on saltines with a touch of hot sauce. Watching the stars and talking whilst basking in the warmth of the fire.

Throw a nice fire in the fire pit. Smoked oysters and slices of a good sharp cheddar on saltines with a touch of hot sauce. Watching the stars and talking whilst basking in the warmth of the fire.

Yum! On my way, think you need a second wife Hoot ;):ROFLMAO:
It's all the rage in Africa :wacko:

Date night?! What's that? :rolleyes:

I've only been on a handful of 'dates' with my hubby & when we did/do have a date night it's always the same thing..... steak sandwiches at the local pizza shop (they have them on special on Wednesdays), then off to the tiny local movie house that they refurbished a few years ago for their family night special..... 6.00 per person & that includes the movie, a small popcorn & a small soda.

We are such boring people & we have been this way since we met.

Date night = out of the ordinary. For us that usually means finger foods, or some ethnic adventure. Recently I made some lovely French bread and dragged out the fondue pot and we gorged on gorgeous garlicky bubbling gruyere and topped it off with fresh berries. Memorable. :)

Date night = out of the ordinary. For us that usually means finger foods, or some ethnic adventure. Recently I made some lovely French bread and dragged out the fondue pot and we gorged on gorgeous garlicky bubbling gruyere and topped it off with fresh berries. Memorable. :)

Oh, that sounds lovely!

A good date night for us is an evening hike in Palmer Park: a local park within city limits of Colorado Springs where locals hang out, mountain bike, hike, etc. It is mountain hiking right in the city. The views of the city are beautiful from the top of the park. Stopping at KFC or something before going is fun too. We also have dates at The Garden of the Gods park. Another beautiful park in Colorado Springs. We really do live in a beautiful area. We have dates in our two seaters now too: A good date is jumping on the motorcycle to go for ice cream, or taking the miata out for a ride on a hot summer night with the top down, or going in our 48 F-1 pick-up for a picnic somewhere. A picnic on the living room floor works too. Anywhere and anything with the love of my life is a date. Sometimes we even go to the salvage yard to get car parts, and stop on the way home for a fountain drink at 7-11. Call me crazy, but I even call that a date!:)

A good date night for us is an evening hike in Palmer Park: a local park within city limits of Colorado Springs where locals hang out, mountain bike, hike, etc. It is mountain hiking right in the city. The views of the city are beautiful from the top of the park. Stopping at KFC or something before going is fun too. We also have dates at The Garden of the Gods park. Another beautiful park in Colorado Springs. We really do live in a beautiful area. We have dates in our two seaters now too: A good date is jumping on the motorcycle to go for ice cream, or taking the miata out for a ride on a hot summer night with the top down, or going in our 48 F-1 pick-up for a picnic somewhere. A picnic on the living room floor works too. Anywhere and anything with the love of my life is a date. Sometimes we even go to the salvage yard to get car parts, and stop on the way home for a fountain drink at 7-11. Call me crazy, but I even call that a date!:)

That's the way it should be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom