"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 07-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks, GW, for the recipe and the idea.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #32
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Andy,
DH and I often just have a few appetizers for meals when it is just the two of us. I have a huge repertoire from my catering days, but for the two of us I like to keep it simple.

One of his favourites is butterflied jumbo prawns sauteed in butter and roasted garlic. I add a little red pepper sauce (I like the Asian variety). Simple, quick and tasty.

I have a fish cake recipe I serve with sweet chile sauce that we love as well - no huge filler in it. If you would like this recipe I will gladly post it. It is late now so I will wait until after I have had some sleep!
Thanks, LP. I like the sauteed shrimp idea.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #33
Certified Pretend Chef

Update

I really have a raft of great ideas thanks to all you guys.

SO had hinted she wanted me to try the shrimp ceviche because she liked the one we had at the restaurant so that's what I did.

I used a recipe from Rick Bayless' website. I figured he'd know what he was doing. Well, I made the recipe and SO didn't care for it. Upon giving it some thought, I never should have made it unless I made an exact duplicate of the one we had last Sunday at that restaurant. She had that taste memory and wanted to duplicate it. Nothing else would have been acceptable.

I thought it was OK but not great.

Yes, that's a margarita glass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01033.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	8337  
Old 07-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #34
Master Chef

Keep us posted with a runnig "blog" of what you make, using this thread, and let us know how it turns out. That would be fun for us, and I hope, for you as well.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote