Creativity on a BBQ or Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theunnakedchef

Assistant Cook
Ok so i need some ideas for a BBQ, in accordance with my previous thread, this is for a different day.
Now i can do a BBQ well, but i want to be more creative, instead of always cooking sausages, burgers, fish, etc.
If anybody had any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated :)

i was thinking of pizza too. or how about a mexican food theme - quesadillas, beans in a dutch oven, fajitas, burritos?

There’s all kind of things you can do on the grill! I’m of the opinion that, if it can be cooked, it can be cooked on a grill! :LOL:

A fun and unique thing to do is to get a grill wok. With that, you can stir fry veggies for a side dish, or beef and pepper strips for fajitas, or shrimp, or mushrooms, chunks of marinated meat, etc. I love doing fresh broccoli with a little EVOO and a splash of balsamic vinegar in it as well.

Meatloaf is outstanding on the grill with a little hickory smoke!

Shish kabobs are always fun and very tasty.

Butterflied Cornish Hen is a favorite of mine.

Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno peppers.

Sausage patties and biscuits.

Honey Mustard pork chops, pork roast, or pork loin.

Boneless chicken thighs stuffed (rolled and tied/pinned) with cornbread and sausage stuffing.

Potatoes, zucchini, egg plant, corn on the cob.

The sky is the limit! It would actually be easier to list the things you can’t grill than to list all the things you can.

Ok so i need some ideas for a BBQ, in accordance with my previous thread, this is for a different day.
Now i can do a BBQ well, but i want to be more creative, instead of always cooking sausages, burgers, fish, etc.
Why don't you start with what you have on hand or any favorite kinds of meat such as Poultry, Pork, Beef, or Seafood to help narrow down the options?

Beer- or Wine-can chicken: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=427073&postcount=5
It's fabulous - crisp skin, juicy meat, very flavorful. We need to get another one going soon :chef:

Here are some grilled romaine heads (cut in half, olive oil, salt, pepper) and veggies (olive oil, lime, cumin, salt, pepper)

img_476583_0_4b1a50f0bdbcb10c326544b281bdd618.jpg

Do some off-set cooking. Heat source on one side food on the other. Add some Hickory chunks to the heat side and smoke a beer butt chicken. You'll need a rub which can seriously be made with the basic - kosher salt, brown sugar, paprika (I use smoked paprika), oregano, granulated garlic, and then start playing - you can use chili powder, adobo powder, curry powder, red curry paste, dry mustard, fennel seeds - just about anything will taste wonderful)!

How about a grilled pound cake? Weber has some of the best and most unique grilling recipes.

Grilled potatoes! The easiest, no-fuss method is to peel them, slice them thinly, and lay them on a big sheet of non-stick cooking foil. Add a dab of butter if you wish, a T or so of olive oil, some thinly sliced onions, and scatter some chopped fresh or dried parsley over it. Add s & p too, of course. Throw another big sheet of non-stick cooking foil over the whole thing, and fold up all four sides along the edges so it's sealed good and tight. Put the packet on your grill (indirect heat) and cook for 45 minutes or so, depending on your heat. The steam cooks the whole thing. Delicious!

Grilled potatoes! The easiest, no-fuss method is to peel them, slice them thinly, and lay them on a big sheet of non-stick cooking foil. Add a dab of butter if you wish, a T or so of olive oil, some thinly sliced onions, and scatter some chopped fresh or dried parsley over it. Add s & p too, of course. Throw another big sheet of non-stick cooking foil over the whole thing, and fold up all four sides along the edges so it's sealed good and tight. Put the packet on your grill (indirect heat) and cook for 45 minutes or so, depending on your heat. The steam cooks the whole thing. Delicious!

That is an absolute favorite of mine! It’s so easy to toss on the foil pack with potatoes, onion, and butter on the grill for a yummy side-dish.

I also like to cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch rounds, par-boil them for 5 minutes, cool and dry them. cover with EVOO, salt and pepper, then grill them directly. Very good stuff.

Take some butter and fresh rosemary and heat together. When potatoes are done and placed on the plate drizzle the rosemary butter over them - REALLY good!

Back
Top Bottom