Crock Pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyndeejoy

Assistant Cook
:chef: Does anyone know if it is safe to bake cheese grits in the oven in the "crock" part of my crock pot? It is our turn to do snacks for Sunday School tomorrow; I wanted to do that tonight and then just heat them up in the crockpot in the morning. Tks vm!

Cyndeejoy said:
:chef: Does anyone know if it is safe to bake cheese grits in the oven in the "crock" part of my crock pot? It is our turn to do snacks for Sunday School tomorrow; I wanted to do that tonight and then just heat them up in the crockpot in the morning. Tks vm!
Cyndeejoy,
I've never used my cp liner for anything other than what it was made for. While you most likely could use it that way I'd take a look in the instruction booklet and see if it answers your question. I'd not do it myself, I'd bake the grits, then rewarm them right in the cleaned cp the next morning..Might have to get up a little earlier, but then you wouldn't have to worry.
kadesma

If I remember correctly, there is at least one member here who uses their crock-pot "crock" to bake their N.Y. Times bread in. Perhaps they will weigh in on your grits question. Try searching this thread to see which member or members do that, then, you might want to send a PM to them asking how the part of the crock-pot fared in the oven.

Hey Miss Cyndeejoy

Welcome to DC. You know how us men folk always wanna make things difficult:ermm: But, how about cooking them fresh in the moring in a regular baking dish. Then transfer to your CP, and you are good to go!

Welcome again, visit often, and........

Enjoy!

Again, read the instruction booklet. Most crock pot inserts can't be put in the oven. I'm wondering why you don't just make your grits fresh in the morning stovetop and bring them in fresh as Uncle Bob suggested. Or if you want to bake them, then do that in a casserole dish instead of your crock pot insert, then transfer them to a crock pot. I'm assuming you want to keep them warm in the CP but, trust me, grits will become hard and pasty if you do that.

I'm going to make a guess that in the morning she is going to be very busy, possibly with kids? Getting herself ready and doing all the other morning things cooking CAN be a bit difficult.

Yes, check your instruction booklet but if you can't find it just bake in something different and transfer. Give yourself enough time to heat thoroughly and at that time you can add cheese and butter :chef:

I wouldn't do it.

My Rival crockpot, which I bought just several years ago, specifically says not to use the crockery insert for any other purpose than for use in the crockpot mechanism. I'm sure they have a good reason for saying that, otherwise I'm sure they'd enjoy marketing the crockery insert as a multipurpose item.

Am I sending this out to all of you? I hope so; am new here. But, I am going to wait until the morning. Glad to have found you all! Cyndee

Back
Top Bottom