Crockpot sizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MelissaL

Assistant Cook
In shopping for a new crockpot I chose a 6 quart Rival model. When I brought it home, I decided to see whether it in fact held 6 quarts. I filled up my
quart-sized measuring cup with water and found it only held 5 quarts.

I then bought a 7 quart Kenwood model thinking I would return the 6 quart model and filled that one up using the same method and found it only held 6 quarts.

Is there some sort of standard I don't know about that I am attempting to buy a crockpot with a certain size listed on the box, only to find out they are a quart short when measured?

Thank you.

I don't think that is the case with the smaller ones - since my two small ones are only one quart. I have a large one - the large oblong one, that is too big for two people but I don't remember what it is supposed to hold.

Thank you for your response. I am getting frustrated at shopping for Crock Pots/Slow Cookers because I don't know what I am getting if the listed capacity differs from the actual size. Melissa

Thank you for your response. I am getting frustrated at shopping for Crock Pots/Slow Cookers because I don't know what I am getting if the listed capacity differs from the actual size. Melissa

That's very frustrating, Melissa.

If you didn't know the size of the slow cooker, would you say it's big enough to cook meals for your family?

Also, take a look at the Cuisinart, it has a good reputation.

It's just me and my husband, but I wanted one bigger than I had before because I would like a big enough one to make any recipe I chose to without having to worry it won't be big enough.

Back
Top Bottom