Curry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m-c-47

Assistant Cook
I was taught to make curry in Durban and just before serving a delicate sprig of a green herb was put on the top for a few minutes and then removed before serving. The flavour of this sprig was wonderful, I always purchased it by sight not name however I am now living in England and would like to try and source it here but cannot remember the name, I believe it begab with a C and do not think it was coriander. Can you help me with the name? Thank you.

I was taught to make curry in Durban and just before serving a delicate sprig of a green herb was put on the top for a few minutes and then removed before serving. The flavour of this sprig was wonderful, I always purchased it by sight not name however I am now living in England and would like to try and source it here but cannot remember the name, I believe it begab with a C and do not think it was coriander. Can you help me with the name? Thank you.

Cliantro? Cilantro is a common garnish for curries. It's also called coriander.

cilantro.jpg

Z

The leaves called Cilantro look very similar if not the same, I have been searching too and now wonder if if was Dhania (not a C I know!) which is also the name of coriander. Perhaps different names in different parts of the world. Anyway I will now look for both names when sourcing the fresh product. Thank you for your help.

The leaves called Cilantro look very similar if not the same, I have been searching too and now wonder if if was Dhania (not a C I know!) which is also the name of coriander. Perhaps different names in different parts of the world. Anyway I will now look for both names when sourcing the fresh product. Thank you for your help.

Yes, Dhania and Cilantro are the same thing, the leaves of the Coriander plant. Different terms around the world

Back
Top Bottom