Database/list of calorie density?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magnatolia

Assistant Cook
Hi guys,

I'm trying to bulk up so am interested in finding a list that can be sorted by nutrient density. For example eating watermelon won't help me gain as it will be low density.

Thanks!

World's Healthiest Foods has some really great info.

So does Self's Nutrition Data. I especially love the graphics which show Nutritional Target Map, Caloric Ratio Pyramid, Nutrient Balance & Protein quality. The Nutritional Target map is what you want to pay attention to; foods that land in the bottom half of the grid are calorie-dense (i.e. if you want to increase your calorie intake without getting too full, choose foods from the bottom half of the map). See where your example of watermelon falls - check out peanut butter.

Last edited:
World's Healthiest Foods has some really great info.

So does Self's Nutrition Data. I especially love the graphics which show Nutritional Target Map, Caloric Ratio Pyramid, Nutrient Balance & Protein quality. The Nutritional Target map is what you want to pay attention to; foods that land in the bottom half of the grid are calorie-dense (i.e. if you want to increase your calorie intake without getting too full, choose foods from the bottom half of the map). See where your example of watermelon falls - check out peanut butter.

Super links .. thanks for sharing Zereh !!

Back
Top Bottom