"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior Cook

'DC' Daily Inspirations?

Just curious. Do you read posts on 'DC' and think "That sounds delicious. I haven't made that for a while. I'm going to make that for dinner tonight"?
It happens to me quite often.
For instance I was just reading about egg salad and my taste buds perked up and I decided to make a potato salad tonight.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
Just curious. Do you read posts on 'DC' and think "That sounds delicious. I haven't made that for a while. I'm going to make that for dinner tonight"?
For instance I was just reading about egg salad and my taste buds perked up and I decided to make a potato salad tonight.
So you read about egg salad and instead of, "That sounds delicious. I haven't made that for a while. I'm going to make that for dinner tonight", you decided:

'That sounds delicious. I haven't made that for a while. I'm going to make something else instead.'

Seriously, I think that often. I get ideas from the dinner thread and use them in menu planning.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I do cruise the daily menu for ideas, but, honestly, food is about always on my mind, in some form. From growing, harvesting, prepping and cooking. I do use the Internet (Googling) quite a bit too, entering my specific ingredients I need to use up. But the humor (^) keeps me coming back here.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
Master Chef

All the talk about curry recently has inspired me. I have little experience eating it although I tried some Indian influenced dishes in the UK, the flavors didn't do much for me. Today my son has invited me to lunch and he suggested a restaurant in his town that he loves called the Curry Leaf and the reviews are good. I've been going over the menu online trying to get an idea what I should order. This should be interesting.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I enjoy reading the daily menu thread but, like Beth, food is on my mind in some form or fashion both consciously and unconsciously. I may not that day make what others are preparing/having, but the posts cause me to think about future meals. I've been pulled out of the "same-old, same-old" rut many times because of that.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
So you read about egg salad and instead of, "That sounds delicious. I haven't made that for a while. I'm going to make that for dinner tonight", you decided:

'That sounds delicious. I haven't made that for a while. I'm going to make something else instead.'

Seriously, I think that often. I get ideas from the dinner thread and use them in menu planning.
It's not much of a leap from egg salad to potato salad IMO. Just some cubed potatoes. LOL
Old 03-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
This post did! I had left over cooked potatoes from last night in the 'fridge and eggs in the bowl and your post made me want egg and potato salad.......I've just finished it and it was yum.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #8
Executive Chef

I've been known to put eggs in potato salad.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
All the talk about curry recently has inspired me. I have little experience eating it although I tried some Indian influenced dishes in the UK, the flavors didn't do much for me. Today my son has invited me to lunch and he suggested a restaurant in his town that he loves called the Curry Leaf and the reviews are good. I've been going over the menu online trying to get an idea what I should order. This should be interesting.
It's official now..I don't like Indian food. I sampled lots of it today and although I was gracious and said it was nice, it wasn't.
At least now I know for sure.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

I think about food all day long. I'm always looking at recipes and thinking of ways to jazz them up.