Deep Fried Coca Cola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady DeWinters

Senior Cook
I've only heard of it. Has anyone tried them? I would try them in a heartbeat.... though it can't be too good if you're on a diet. :D

660gqk3.jpg

They had these at the fair this year. I didn't try them, though. Every time I hear of some new deep fried treat, I remember the episode of the Simpsons, when Homer dipped his shirt in batter and deep fried it, lol! And there was another one, I don't quite remember this concotion, but it started with a stick of butter dipped into batter and deep fried.

They had these at the fair this year. I didn't try them, though. Every time I hear of some new deep fried treat, I remember the episode of the Simpsons, when Homer dipped his shirt in batter and deep fried it, lol! And there was another one, I don't quite remember this concotion, but it started with a stick of butter dipped into batter and deep fried.

I remember that episode! Funny! Funny! Homer would eat anything dipped in batter or anything that looked like a donut!

Butter dipped in donut... UGH! What a horrible invention. Thinking about that gives me heartburn! :sick:

I dunno, I would give it a try, at least a spoonful or so.

Sounds like zeppole made with coke, with some tasty stuff poured over.

I watch my weight, watch it go up and down, but really do limit intake of sugars, fats, and all the tasty stuff.

But would put out a couple of bucks for one of those, just for a taste.

Now where do I get a deep fried Mars bar?

Last edited:
OMG. I googled it and actually found a recipe for deep fried mars bar! LOL.

1 Mars bar or Milky Way bar 1 cup plain flour 1/2 cup cornflour 1 pinch baking soda milk or beer oil (for deep frying)
  1. Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
  2. Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
  3. Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
  4. Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
  5. Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.
  6. Coat completely in batter.
  7. Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
  8. Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.
Deep Fried Mars Bars Recipe | Recipezaar

Auntdot.

I haven't had a Mars Bar fried, frozen, refrigerated, or at room temperature in years!! It used to be one of my favorites. I did find a Zero bar about a month ago. It just wasn't the same as I remember. Cheaper ingredients, or my taste have changed!

Back
Top Bottom