Deep fried cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJ

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Oreo cookies
Pancake flour
Milk
Cooking oil
Eggs

Measure out 1 cup of pancake flour. Add one egg into your pancake flour. Add in one cup of milk.
Next add in two teaspoons of cooking oil into your batter.
Stir your pancake batter until all ingredients are well mixed.
Next, fill up a saucepan with enough oil to cover your Oreo cookies when you dip them in. Preheat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Now it's time to dip your Oreo cookies into the pancake batter and watch them swim in it while the oil is preheating.
Carefully release your soaking Oreo captives into the hot oil. If you really aren't sure if the oil is hot enough before you put the cookies in, just let a few drops of the batter trickle from the spoon into the oil and see if they start frying.
If you're still not convinced that the oil is hot enough, dip your finger in. :shock:
The Oreos don't need to be in the oil for more than two minutes tops. Before they start burning, scoop the cookies out from the oil with a spatula, but let the excess oil drain first at the side of the saucepan. Then place the fried cookies onto a serviette-lined plate that will further absorb the oil.

MJ - where on earth did you find this? Or did you make it up?
In any sense, it sounds so weird, I really want to try it!
My mother in law just gave me her once-used fry daddy, so maybe I"ll fire that up.

Love it! I wanna make the ones like the gal at the end did - how pretty!

I particularly liked the part about the synchronized swimming.
1263.gif

I do know that at the L.A. county fair a couple of weeks ago, folks were raving about the fried pickles!
I guess you can fry anything - so long as it's not healthy to begin with...that would be too boring.

I wonder if you could fry a fig newton...

these sound really good mj, but since you called me names i'm not gonna give you any credit when i make them... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wait MJ called you names??? Tell me it aint so!!! MJ for shame...what were you thinking./..lol.....well Im thinking you have just found a soft spot that the kids will never let stop making them.......

I've heard of deep frying Twinkies too..
In England, I've heard that they fry Snikers or some kind of candy bar in the same grease that they fry thier fish and chips in..
hum... don't know about that.

masteraznchefjr said:
Now i deep fry cheesecake its nice and crunchy too and great!

Now THAT sounds absolutely heavenly!!!
angel2.gif
angel2.gif
angel2.gif
angel2.gif
angel2.gif
angel2.gif
angel2.gif

Do you fry plain cheesecake, or flavored? How thick/thin are the slices...
and do you put them on a stick first?

GaArt said:
In England, I've heard that they fry Snikers or some kind of candy bar in the same grease that they fry thier fish and chips in..

they deep fry just about everything in scotland, the most famous things being deep fried mars bars, and deep fried pizza.

GaArt said:

they deep fry just about everything in scotland, the most famous things being deep fried mars bars, and a slice of deep fried pizza.

Just came up with a thought (doesn't happen much, so I need to jump on it before it escapes...)
Re: the deep fried oreos....what about using the mini oreos? You could scoop a lot of 'em out easily with a slotted spoon too.

Then I started thinking Nutter Butters would be good fried too...with some chocolate sauce to dip 'em in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom