Defining factors of how long desserts last

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have a bulk store around me but maybe the Mennonite store could have smaller amounts. I'll have to look and see. I threw it out since it was so old.

I thought I would have time to play in the kitchen this week but I forgot how tiring it is having an 8 week old puppy. The bread may have to wait until a better time

Hey

The main problem with the shelf life of desserts isn't them going off, its with them going stale. The reason there's so much extra crap in store bought things is to keep them moist and fresh tasting. Cream, fruit etc will definitely spoil early but muffins, cakes, brownies, pastry etc will go stale well before they go off. The fat content and the sugar actually work to preserve the product more than hamper it.

Main question would be why the question?? If you're keen to make bigger batches of things and keep them for a while I'd look to the fridge and freezer. You can freeze down cakes/brownies etc and they come out ok, fridge or freeze pastry (cooked and uncooked) and it'll still work, flour's pretty durable!

What are you hoping to make???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom