Describe the ideal birthday cake you would make for yourself.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am making my own birthday cake for tomorrow, first time I have made one for my own birthday :LOL:

I just came across a lovely Victoria Sponge recipe and thought that I want to make it :)

It wil be 2 layers with strawberry jam and fresh whipped cream in the middle and on top vanilla frosting and grated dark chocolate :chef:

Would it make me boring if I said Key Lime Pie with sour cream? I'm not much of a dessert person and one of the few desserts I can inhale to the point of miserable gluttony is key lime pie. I hate whipped cream on desserts but sour cream with a little powdered sugar on key lime pie is the dankness.

If not that then give me a chocolate cheesecake with oreo crust and don't put anything mint or fruit flavored anywhere near it!

I know neither of those are cakes, I just don't dig cake all that much.

Last edited:
Would it make me boring if I said Key Lime Pie with sour cream? I'm not much of a dessert person and one of the few desserts I can inhale to the point of miserable gluttony is key lime pie. I hate whipped cream on desserts but sour cream with a little powdered sugar on key lime pie is the dankness.

If not that then give me a chocolate cheesecake with Oreo crust and don't put anything mint or fruit flavored anywhere near it!

I know neither of those are cakes, I just don't dig cake all that much.

Borden's Condensed Sweetened Milk has a recipe for chocolate chip cheesecake with an Oreo crust that is to die for. I make it every year for my grandson's birthday and Christmas present. It is very rich and he refuses to share it with anyone. Not even his fiance'. So I end up making one for my daughter and her husband. No mint or fruit flavor at all.

Eagle Brand® Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

So easy to make and worth the effort. I give it :chef::chef::chef::chef::chef:

Can you post the recipe, Mel? Sounds yummy!
I am not much of a receipe follower, but basically I made it as follows.

To make the base, I rubbed butter and flour and a pinch of salt together until it became bread crumb textured. I then sprinkled this on the bottom of the cake tin and baked until light golden.

Then, on top of that I poured some coffee brandy liquer that I made last year. Then I sprinkled on fresh rasberries. I sprinkled raw cane sugar on top of this.

I then made the cheese mix from cream cheese, flour, and eggs, which I put on top of the above base. On top of that, I sprinkled some more raw cane sugar. Then I baked this until the cream cheese mix started to turn golden.

I served the cake with whipped cream. :chef:

So hard to pick just one!

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.
Angel food cake.
Pineapple upside-down cake.

My favorite cake in the world: German Chocolate Cake. Made with a darker chocolate cake than the light chocolate most of them are made from. I could eat the coconut-pecan frosting straight from the pan without allowing it to ever hit the cake, if it weren't for the reminder of how good it tastes with the cake (and knowing that it would be pretty selfish not to share with everyone else!). :D

Omit the canned milk from the frosting and it makes wonderful, no-bake cookies. I found that out by accident. But they were so good that they are in my recipe book now.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My favorite is one that I only made once. I made a basic 2-layer Angel's Food Cake recipe, in the standard 9" round cake pan, but substituted Grade B maple syrup for the sugar. I then made a simple butter-cream icing, again using the maple syrup, and pecans. I cut each layer into three layers, and stacked them all with the icing between, and of course, icing to cover.

It was amazing. The only reason I don't make it more often is that my DW doesn't care for maple. I ask you, how is that even possible?:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom