Describe the ideal birthday cake you would make for yourself.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am currently making my cake. I dont know what my ideal cake would be, but this is one I like a lot. It is a rasberry and coffee cheesecake. If I had thought about it on time, I would have made the base of it with almonds, instead of flour.. That would make it even more ideal. :)

My favorite cake in the world: German Chocolate Cake. Made with a darker chocolate cake than the light chocolate most of them are made from. I could eat the coconut-pecan frosting straight from the pan without allowing it to ever hit the cake, if it weren't for the reminder of how good it tastes with the cake (and knowing that it would be pretty selfish not to share with everyone else!). :D

Mel! said:
Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am currently making my cake. I dont know what my ideal cake would be, but this is one I like a lot. It is a rasberry and coffee cheesecake. If I had thought about it on time, I would have made the base of it with almonds, instead of flour.. That would make it even more ideal. :)

Can you post the recipe, Mel? Sounds yummy!

I'm not much of a cake person either, though something extremely chocolate, like Barbara described, can, on occasion, change my mind.

And Grasshopper (mint) cheesecake with dark chocolate crust and chocolate drizzle might work too.

Last edited:
my birthday cake would be a rich three layer torte with butter cream layers alternating with raspberry preserves, topped with fresh raspberries and surrounded with crushed toasted almonds.

My ideal birthday cake? ANYTHING someone else made for me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously - I don't make myself cakes. I love making them for others, but would rather go without than have to make it myself, or even decide what kind I wanted!

My mom would often make me a coconut cream pie or cheesecake for my birthday.

I would guess if I was making it for myself it would be a vanilla cake flavored with just a touch of citrus, probably lemon (but not a lemon cake). I would use a fluffy meringue buttercream and maybe some raspberry jam between the layers. The cake would be torted to make 4 layers each with a thin layer of jam, and buttercream.

Oooh, cake!
It would either have to be a marzipan cake with 50/50 toblerone cream and raspberry cream.
images

OR
Coconut cream cheesecake after this recipe.
Passion 4 baking » Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake

I would make a six tiered Hershey's chocolate cake and completely done with choclate buttercream frosting and covered completely with pretty different colored frosting flowers. So many flowers you wouldn't be able to even see the choclate frosting. I need the six tiers to have room for all the candles. :yum::yum:

I'm not really a cake person and I don't bake either, but I've been hankering for some cheesecake, so maybe I'll buy a small one for my birthday this year.

Something with strawberries, strawberry gel or gelatin, whipped cream, cake (angelfood, yellow, white.. who cares) and vanilla pudding. Maybe I will just make them all separately, throw them in a bowl and call it birthday cake!

I would probably go for angelfood cake (from scratch) with wild blueberries and homemade vanilla ice cream. I am not a sweets person, other than homemade ice cream and peach cream pie, so would opt for AF because that was what my grandma always made for my birthday cake.

My favorite is a white cake that you poke holes in with a wooden spoon handle then pour in red and green jello alternating holes. The cake is then refriderated and topped with cool whip. You can mix up the colors for dif occassions. The jello needs to almost setting up.

Others include a Princess cake,German choc., Dark italian style choc. with espresso icing.

When I make cakes at home, which is seldom, I never frost them. Just a plain yellow cake.

since they don't make it any longer, i would make a copy of entenmann's brownie crumb ring.

it's a yellow bundt cake with mocha/maple frosting, topped with finely crumbled brownies. :pig:

I would order myself this:

Dark Chocolate Orange: A sophisticated combination of dark chocolate and zesty orange make this cake sure to please. Dark chocolate cake filled with white chocolate orange mousse and frosted with chocolate ganache. White chocolate shavings top off this elegant dessert.

I'm with the devils' food & choc ganache, too, but...it could actually be an iced hatbox, so long as it says, "HAPPY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY" on top...and means it.

My favorite is a white cake that you poke holes in with a wooden spoon handle then pour in red and green jello alternating holes. The cake is then refriderated and topped with cool whip. You can mix up the colors for dif occassions. The jello needs to almost setting up.

Oh yeah! I love that cake :yum:

Dream Dessert

:cool: Buon Giorno Mel.

Firstly, this is quite a lovely post ...

To kick off with, the Vet and I, Nathalia and her hubby and the 3 Boys, and then, Naia & her hubby with her two children; are all quite perfectionist in what we like and have pet peeves in what we dislike.

The Vet and Nathalia were both born in August, and are Leos.
Naia, my older daughter is a Libra.

All the rest of us are Sagittarians. ;)

Thus, with this in mind, there are 5 grandchildren, 2 son in laws, and Myself who are born in December ...

1. The Vet is a tropical fruit fan; pineapple and mango his faves ... He loves Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Mango Cream Cheese Cake ...

2. Nathalia is a Death by Cacoa Woman ... :chef:
3. The 5 Kids are predominantly Devil´s Food and Black Out ...

4. Naia and I on the otherhand, do not have sweet teeth ... Sicilian Cannolli shall do the trick for us ... We taste test, however, 1 forkbite or two at most shall do the trick, and that is it. Cannolli are our fave dessert ... :yum:

5. Son in laws: they both love Strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries ...

Have a nice wkend, ;)
Ciao. Margi. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom