Desert Island Dilemma - what cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cake done in three layers. Cream cheese frosting on each layer, nice and thick.

At Christmas I make that cake in a bunt pan with dyed green frosting and holly leaves with red berries. I have already gotten my orders for this year. Three Christmas Wreaths coming up.

Unfortunately, because I control my diabetes by diet alone, I only take a really slim piece of cake. I love the cream cheese frosting more than the cake.

Last edited:
Might be hard to come by on a desert island.
As a former Girl Scout leader, I can attest that there will be something in the wild that would work as floss. A thin reed leaf. Or a thin piece of frond from a palm tree leaf. Always something. I forgot we were stuck on an island. I have no substitute for the water pik. :LOL:

Quick tip: Make sure that the leaf you are grabbing to use in place of T.P. is NOT poison ivy. :shock:

As a former Girl Scout leader, I can attest that there will be something in the wild that would work as floss. A thin reed leaf. Or a thin piece of frond from a palm tree leaf. Always something. I forgot we were stuck on an island. I have no substitute for the water pik. [emoji38]

Quick tip: Make sure that the leaf you are grabbing to use in place of T.P. is NOT poison ivy. :shock:
Lol, we're on a desert island. Let's not cause more problems we then need to solve ;)

I'm making carrot cake.
You all made me do it. YOUR fault.

We have no plans to find a desert island so we can eat it. It will still get eaten!

I'm making carrot cake.
You all made me do it. YOUR fault.

We have no plans to find a desert island so we can eat it. It will still get eaten!

I'll be right over Bliss. Are you doing the broiled brown sugar/butter/coconut/pecan topping? We need a picture and forks.:yum:

Last edited:
I'll be right over Bliss. Are you doing the broiled brown sugar/butter/coconut/pecan topping? We need a picture and forks.:yum:

Well, you are welcome to come over and have some with us. I made my own best carrot cake recipe with 5 carrots and more than a cup of chopped walnuts, subbed 1 cup of apple butter instead of the 1 cup of oil. Topped it with cream cheese icing. I'm on a tight sugar diet/budget for myself but the guys will have it gone in 3 days.

I keep the sugar/butter/coconut/pecan topping for my german chocolate cake, DS's favorite after boston cream pie.

Ok can someone clue me into broiled brown sugar/butter/coconut/pecan topping please. Never had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom