Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CakePoet

Head Chef
I am bit tired and my brain cant think really and also I am going to use ingredients that I am intolerant to so I need just a bit of help.

This is the idea.

Digestive biscuit crust filled with chocolate fudge topped with chocolate ganache and chopped chocolate bars.

Any tip on the ganache and the fudge filling?

I have whipping cream, chocolate and condensed milk for that, but I dont have the how.

I only have a tip for your chocolate ganache.

Your ratio is 1 to 1, 1 cup creme to 8 ounces (1 cup) of chocolate.
Heat your whipping creme to a subtle simmer over medium heat. Keep an eye on it as when it suddenly boils it will go over!

Try to use the best chocolate you can get as it is the fat content of the whipping creme with the fat content of the chocolate that gives it that silkiness.

Pour the warm creme over the chocolate bits and stir very gently to melt and blend. You can add a drop of vanilla if you wish.

The chocolate I've heard about is called Coverture, but I've never used it myself. I have found out that I can get at the Bulk Barn so my next trip in I will head there. But I'm sure you must be able to find a source for high quality chocolate... or you could just hop over to Belgium and pick some up LOL!

I haven't made fudge in about 50+ years. Never had the knack of it - yet my sister had magic fingers making fudge and brownies. think I was too intimidated to try in her shadow..:LOL:

Well we manage something that was good but too chocolaty according to the daughter. The ganache didnt go that well but because the mass amount of chocolate no one cared.

I cant get Coverture here in my town but I can get lindt baking chocolate and also Odense and that works fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom