Desserts for Diabetics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bellavista

Assistant Cook
Hi there!

Does anyone have a nice and easy (with simple ingredients) recipe for a diabetic desert?? We have a guest here and i didn't know he had diabetus! So i only have normal stuff in my pantry!

Thanks!
B

Could always just make something like an apple crumble - a low sugar version. Personally, I prefer an apple and peach crumble with extra cinnamon served with hot custard. Put a bowl of cinnamon sugar on the table for those who want a bit of extra sugar in their crumble.

yes you are right - i think i should have said - a desert for a person with diabetus......sorry!

While the idea of pudding is wonderful , diabetics need to remember that anything ending in OSE is going to raise your blood glucose...So making pudding with milk (lactOSE) will raise the BG for you.even if you use a sugar substitute...How about a small plate with several slices of cheese and a small apple or pear, tasty and a lovely end to a meal.
kadesma:)

you can use many regular recipes and just adjust them for low carbs and no sugar. or splendia. splendia comes in brown as well. i often use it to make apple crunch. just use fresh apples. take a small amount of brown splendia and cinnamon and mix with apples. combine brown sugar spllendia, and oat meal. that will add some carbs but they are good ones. mix in butter til forms crumbs, put on top. bake til apples are done.

i even have a recipe for sugarless sugar cookies. if you want i can e mail it to you. or send in p.m. your choice.

Back
Top Bottom