Did I Get A Good Deal or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Shopping for tonight's dinner this morning, I happened upon some smoked salmon at what seemed extremely reasonable prices. I purchased the following to present as appetizers for Thanksgiving:

4 ounces of wild Alaskan sockeye smoked salmon for $3.95
Two 4 ounce packages of Cajun flavor smoked salmon at $1.97 each.

That's cheap!!!! I am going to get some Wild Scottish smoked salmon for Christmas, but it will be a lot dearer than that.

I like to mix it with softened cream cheese and eat it on crackers. Yumm!!

$12 per pound for smoked salmon isn't bad. In some areas, it's probably cheap.

Bug, I bought 3 ounces of alaskan smoked salmon today, on sale, for $3.50, so you got a better deal than me here! Congrats, by the way!

I really like smoked salmon placed on a cream cheese-lined bagel. Other than that, perhaps a cracker schmeared with cream cheese....

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this.........the only salmon I've ever had is the kind in a can to make salmon patties............what you all found sounds so delicious that I've got to try it.

Too bad we don't care for Salmon. My brother-in-law is always catching them. He brought in a 31 pounder a few days ago. He also gives us smoked Salmon..we don't care for it either so I share it with my neighbors. The Salmon swim up river to the fish hatchery in November so there is plenty out there.

I adore salmon, I could live on smoked salmon!!!! We have a lot of it at work, and I eat oily fish three to four times a week. I have really noticed a difference in my general health, oily fish is particularly good for asthmatics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom