Dill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Classic Greek Tzatziki sauce (yogurt, cucumber, dill)

I like it in cottage cheese

Mixed with sour cream for a baked potato topper

Good idea about tuna and egg salad.

Classic Greek Tzatziki sauce (yogurt, cucumber, dill)

I like it in cottage cheese

Mixed with sour cream for a baked potato topper

Good idea about tuna and egg salad.

had lunch at a greek place today. the sauce was just yummy. i did think the place was way over priced. twenty-nine dollar for 2 adults and one child. seems high to me. no table service on ordering. won't go there again. :shock::shock:

Last edited:
Russians use it a lot too. On chicken with cream and brandy, on beets with orange juice and butter glaze, fish of course...pickled herring. Good in tuna salad.

I made some Tzatziki sauce - my first time - good stuff. A couple of you mentioned tuna salad. I put some in tuna cakes and it was pretty good, not over powering at all. Thanks much for the ideas!

Boil potatoes and carrots until both are done. Drain. Mash together with plenty of dill. Tasty dish does not need gravy.

I really like that idea, Z . Think I'll add some butter to send it over the top!! I bet the color is beautiful along with the flavors. Thanks. ;)

It's a recipe my Mom found in the newspaper. It IS very pretty. I didn't say it, but butter and milk for making like mashed potatoes is included. It has a wonderful flavor and after trying it with gravy, I realized that gravy just masks that wonderful flavor. It's a TNT.

Fresh dill is great when making Jewish-style chicken soup. It's a common ingredient in many Eastern European dishes. Hungarian mushroom soup, Borscht, on boiled potatoes, in sour-cream based salads, etc.

I've only used it on baked fish. Lots of other good uses here.
I'll be making that mash shortly. It sounds great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom