Dining out surprises??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
img_900154_0_8a23290c8697df097ddb4848c037ba20.jpg

Anyone else?
I found a fingernail in my Chinese food once. ACK

years ago my dad found a metal flake in his cereal. small piece crushed into a flake shape. he mailed it to Kellogg and they sent him a case of cereal. me personally , never found anything in my food. makes me wonder what i might have missed and what i ate. lol

Fancy restaurant, big piece of glass in salad. Waiter said I did it to get a free meal. All I wanted was for it to be taken back. Mad? Steaming? Boil over? you bet. I left someone else sued the H out of them and won!!
kades

Fancy restaurant, big piece of glass in salad. Waiter said I did it to get a free meal. All I wanted was for it to be taken back. Mad? Steaming? Boil over? you bet. I left someone else sued the H out of them and won!!
kades

Kades didn't you get a manager??? That waiter, at the least, should have been fired for accusing you of that... :mad::mad:

years ago my dad found a metal flake in his cereal. small piece crushed into a flake shape. he mailed it to Kellogg and they sent him a case of cereal. me personally , never found anything in my food. makes me wonder what i might have missed and what i ate. lol
I'm in the same boat and now really feel left out! The good news is that if I did, as is probable, ingest something disgusting, I didn't know about it and am grateful for ignorance being bliss!

kades

Kades, when I found that fingernail in my food at the end of my meal I thought I'd "up chuck" right there. My husband and I had a glass of wine before dinner, and the waiter had the nerve to say he wouldn't charge us for the food, but we would only have to pay for the wine. It's rare that I've ever been that angry !! No apology, no nothing!!
I know smoke was coming out my ears!!
With that, I made my way to the center of the restaurant, holding the fingernail up for everyone to see.........and loudly announced what I found in my food. My husband and I stormed out to the parking lot where the owner caught up with us, and demanded we pay for the two glasses of wine!! I told him to call the cops, and I'd call the local newspaper. We left.
The next morning I called the Health Dept........they made an immediate inspection that morning, and shut them down to clean the place up. Eventually, they closed for good.

Kades, when I found that fingernail in my food at the end of my meal I thought I'd "up chuck" right there. My husband and I had a glass of wine before dinner, and the waiter had the nerve to say he wouldn't charge us for the food, but we would only have to pay for the wine. It's rare that I've ever been that angry !! No apology, no nothing!!
I know smoke was coming out my ears!!
With that, I made my way to the center of the restaurant, holding the fingernail up for everyone to see.........and loudly announced what I found in my food. My husband and I stormed out to the parking lot where the owner caught up with us, and demanded we pay for the two glasses of wine!! I told him to call the cops, and I'd call the local newspaper. We left.
The next morning I called the Health Dept........they made an immediate inspection that morning, and shut them down to clean the place up. Eventually, they closed for good.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Found a big wad of hair in a sandwich, the SECOND half of the sandwich, mind you. Not enjoyable, for a couple of days...

K you crack me up, where do you find this stuff??? You and Mollyanne are genius
at finding these types of things... Love,love,love it... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I don't care how cute kayelle or mollyanne, or geniuses, they are with their stories, comments or pics, I will post my own reply once, and hope never to return to this discussion thread... ants on my plate. I can't bear to hear of more horrorful experiences from others.

The item my husband found in his spaghetti at a buffet restaurant wasn't gross, it was a big piece of potato chip. The fact that there were no potato chips on anything being served was. We calmly told them about it, and they were so nice. We both got our next meal free.

:)Barbara

I don't care how cute kayelle or mollyanne, or geniuses, they are with their stories, comments or pics, I will post my own reply once, and hope never to return to this discussion thread... ants on my plate. I can't bear to hear of more horrorful experiences from others.

I'm sorry and sad you seem so very offended Spork........you must be kidding, with such a signature as yours. :rolleyes::LOL:

Half a fly. Several years ago I ordered a veggie sandwich at wendys. Are flies considered vegetables?

They used to have these salad in a pita kind of sandwiches and had a greek one that had no meat, loads of fresh veggies and some feta cheese - not bad. So I ate about half and then got a bite of something weird - looked down and the other half of the fly (you know... the big fat lazy kind) was still in the sandwich.

I took my sandwich and the spit out mouthful in a napkin to the counter and asked for my money back. They refused but offered me a new sandwich. I wasn't very interested in eating anymore ... The counter kid said only the manager could make a refund because folks might fake a bug incident to get free food and the manager was out. The ensuing argument cleared the restaurant and I never got my money back.

Not a good outcome...

Back
Top Bottom