Dinners In The Boxes; A Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would make it a leftover, and DH doesn't eat leftovers. It can be made from a box, but it has to be made fresh. Perservative and all. He does not want any veggies with it, but sometimes I will mix in some frozen mixed veggies. He thinks they came in the box. LOL
He'll eat rubbish out of a box but won't eat left-overs from last night's delicious dinner? The mind boggles!

We aren't suggesting that you give him the scrapings of last night's dinner. The knack is to portion out the dish you've made into smaller containers such as individual or two portion-sized bowls or gratin dishes before you dish up the portions from today's dinner so that it doesn't look like left-overs (and, really, it isn't).

That would make it a leftover, and DH doesn't eat leftovers. It can be made from a box, but it has to be made fresh. Perservative and all. He does not want any veggies with it, but sometimes I will mix in some frozen mixed veggies. He thinks they came in the box. LOL
(sigh!) But it isn't left-overs. It's forward planning.

Jeez. He needs some serious retraining.
If they're of retirement age it's probably too late. She should have started on day one of her marriage.

I'd be tempted to buy him boxes to heat up himself and to cook beautiful, delicious little dishes for me and sit in front of him savouring every mouthful.

Poor students or poor retirees regardless, homemade is always cheaper and better. You want it quick? Have a day a month batch baking and making pasta dishes, casseroles, pies, etc., and freeze them down in one or two portions so you can just re heat when you want them. That way you know what went into them, you know how hygienic the preparation was and how long the dish has been in storage and you can always feed unexpected visitors or neighbours in an emergency.

I think you missed the part where I said my husband will not eat leftovers or anything that has been frozen. He is the one causing all these problems. Me? I'll eat anything, within reason.

If they're of retirement age it's probably too late. She should have started on day one of her marriage.

I'd be tempted to buy him boxes to heat up himself and to cook beautiful, delicious little dishes for me and sit in front of him savouring every mouthful.

Most of the time he does cook the box mixes himself. This is his lunch we are talking about. I don't eat it. I cook meals from scratch for dinner. There are only a few that he will eat, but at least it's home made food. Sometimes I keep the leftovers for my lunch the next day. If I made something for myself that he did not like he would not care. He would just say "Ewww gross!" LOL I do think that if I made the home made Hamburger Helper he would eat it and enjoy it. But I won't do that for his lunch. He can go ahead and eat the boxed stuff.

Back
Top Bottom