Dipping Sauce Suggestions for Egg Rolls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anni

Senior Cook
I'm going to make steak and cheese eggrolls this week. All that comes to mind as a dipping sauce is horseradish/mayo. Ideas??

Au jus comes to mind, as does the ubiquitous ranch dressing :ermm:

What about a peppercorn ranch?

What about a combo of horseradish, sour cream, and a bit of Worcestershire?

Got this recipe from allrecipes.com for chipotle mayo:

pulse in food processor till blended

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers

I bet a nice cilantro vinegarette would be nice too. I make one with 2 cups of packed cilantro, 1 tbs of honey, 3 limes zested and juiced, 1/4 cup of chopped mango combine this in a food processor till liquified and add equal amount of good olive oil. Let us know what you went with and is there anyway you could pm me the recipe you're making? Sounds like something the dh would love!

my first thought was ketchup, so how about ketchup, minced garlic, and minced onion?

or along the lines of what unka bob suggested, how about a sesame seed/teryaki sauce. again, whatch out for too much salt between the cheese and soy. maybe you could make some without cheese, and add some green onion? sort of a beef negimaki egg roll.

I like to have a couple of choices. My faves are Sweet and Sour, and Hot Mustard.

I love to put a couple drops of hot mustard in my sweet & sour sauce then stir it around with a tootpick. Yum!

BTW I think it would be good on these eggrolls too.

Got this recipe from allrecipes.com for chipotle mayo:

pulse in food processor till blended

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers

I bet a nice cilantro vinegarette would be nice too. I make one with 2 cups of packed cilantro, 1 tbs of honey, 3 limes zested and juiced, 1/4 cup of chopped mango combine this in a food processor till liquified and add equal amount of good olive oil. Let us know what you went with and is there anyway you could pm me the recipe you're making? Sounds like something the dh would love!

I'm making a marinade tomorrow night using chipotle peppers in adobe sauce with my pork tenderloin so that sounds great to me, too, snackpak,

Back
Top Bottom