Dishwasher inserts v. pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put vinegar in my rinse agent tank, and I use lemon scented dishwasher detergent. Every time I wash anything with olive oil on it, all my dishes end up smelling like salad.

I will give your "recipe" a shot. We replaced our DW less than a year ago, and have been unhappy with its performance. Hard water may just be the culprit! Thanks!

Sure! I've also found it to be better if I unload the dishwasher as soon as it's finished and the dishes are cool enough to handle. When I leave them in the humid dishwasher to dry, it always makes them have spots on the lowest, (as it sits), part of each glass dish.

There are advantages to hand washing dishes. They turn out much cleaner and spot free. I do that with the dishes I use when company comes over. :rolleyes: Thank goodness I don't have much company! :LOL:

Yes, it is. Here's a pic of it:

images

Lemi-shine is inexpensive and works great ($3.77 at Walmart). I use it when my plastic spatulas come out of the DW coated with a white powder.

Last edited:
Ritalin all around! Do we have trouble focusing?

Last edited:
Ritalin all around! Do we have trouble focusing?

Thanks Dawgluver! I feel much better now! :wacko:

I did a pretty good search for this item, using the information given and found nothing that would direct me to this product.

I'm glad Steve Kroll found it for us. Pretty cool little device. I have a PVC lawn watering device that works on exactly the same principle, but of course, is much larger. Mine works on water pressure instead of heat, but does exactly the same mechanical processes.

Thanks Steve and thanks to "Mostly Water" for mentioning the device. Its hard to keep up with the new gadgets!

I use a small counter-top dishwasher that holds only 3 gallons of water per/cycle. I'm not sure this device would be used completely in my machine during each wash. I'll bet it's a pretty expensive little thing too.

My guess; $10 each.

I use finish dishwasher crystals, not sure if you get it by you but it works great.

I also put my dishwasher on once a month without any dishes in it, put bicarbonate of soda in the soap dispenser and let it run a full cycle to keep odours out.
An open container filled with bicarb placed in your fridge will absorb bad odours too. Just don't use the bicarb again!

I use finish dishwasher crystals, not sure if you get it by you but it works great.

I also put my dishwasher on once a month without any dishes in it, put bicarbonate of soda in the soap dispenser and let it run a full cycle to keep odours out.
An open container filled with bicarb placed in your fridge will absorb bad odours too. Just don't use the bicarb again!

I use a full gallon of vinegar in the dishwasher once a month. It dissolves all the buildup that gets on the element and keeps the inside of the dishwasher sparkling clean. I put the vinegar in the machine, turn it on for half of the first cycle and then shut it off before it drains and let it sit overnight. Turn it back on in the morning and let it finish and the inside stays looking brand new.

Hey snip, I've been using an open box of "Arm and Hammer" in the fridge since I was a kid. You're right, it works real well in keeping the fridge smelling nice.

I use a full gallon of vinegar in the dishwasher once a month. It dissolves all the buildup that gets on the element and keeps the inside of the dishwasher sparkling clean. I put the vinegar in the machine, turn it on for half of the first cycle and then shut it off before it drains and let it sit overnight. Turn it back on in the morning and let it finish and the inside stays looking brand new.

Hey snip, I've been using an open box of "Arm and Hammer" in the fridge since I was a kid. You're right, it works real well in keeping the fridge smelling nice.

I'll try your vinegar idea :) Just a bit stingy with my vinegar, I use it for my pickles! I'll buy some spirit vinegar, cheap junk..lol!

I'll try your vinegar idea :) Just a bit stingy with my vinegar, I use it for my pickles! I'll buy some spirit vinegar, cheap junk..lol!
I use the cheapest vinegar I can find. I think it's about $1.50 a gallon. When I'm doing a large load of glassware, I put a cup full in the machine also. It makes the glass come out cleaner.

Good Morning, btw! To bed at 2am and up at 6am...I see a nap in my future!

Look what lively conversation we had after I got off-line!

It sounds like no one has used the 12 wash insert yet. I guess I'll have to be the first one ....

I use the cheapest vinegar I can find. I think it's about $1.50 a gallon. When I'm doing a large load of glassware, I put a cup full in the machine also. It makes the glass come out cleaner.

Good Morning, btw! To bed at 2am and up at 6am...I see a nap in my future!

Good morning, or shall I say afternoon now :) I'll give it a go thanks!

I'm gonna try this (baking soda). At times, I've taken a clean glass out of the dishwasher and filled it with purified drinking water. Up raising the glass to my mouth to drink, I smelled on odor not coming from the water, but the glass.

Wouldn't that mean your dishwasher isn't rinsing correctly? I usually run a Quick cycle but if you find soap and yuck in your glasses, why not use a Regular or Heavy cycle ?

Back
Top Bottom