Disposing of cooking oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pity you all lived so far away from me, I`d gladly take all that Oil of your hands :)

I cut 50/50 with Paraffin and use it in my oil heaters in the greenhouse over winter, works great!

I'd gladly trade for some greenhouse space!!!
I grow plants my husband grows corals.

you would indeed be welcome to some space in my GH, it`s home made and out performs Anything factory made on the site (there`s 72 other plots!).

sadly again, you live a little too far away for that to be a practicality :(

Every Car Dealership or Car Mechanics garage has....

What happens to all that oil after the process?
(not quite a complete quote, but close)....

Every Car Dealership or Car Mechanics garage has an underground storage tank that the EPA makes them pump out when it is full.. Go to your friendly local mechanic and ask them if you can dispose of your teeny bit of oil in their oil trap... Every restaurant (at least in the city) has to have an underground grease pit where all of their fry-oil, and such goes.. It is removed at the restaurants expense every so often, they probably wouldn't mind a couple quarts added to their tank? The best suggestion is find a bio-diesel owner that will take it off your hands, my friend runs his two cars on fry-oil.

Sorry Jeekins I was refererring to MeirCookBook... should always use the quote!!!!

I'm afraid to dump it outside I always think it will attract bears.

Boy now I really sound like a dip......

There was a wierd post in here that has since been removed that said something about reality shows. I said in my post that I was lost, but it made it in AFTER yours saying dump it outside, rather than after the wierd one I was commenting on. It looked like I was saying your post threw me off, which it didn't, so I was apologizing.

And now it looks like I'm a loon imagining wierd posts!!!!!

You didn't imagine anything, suzie. There was an "unusual" unrelated post earlier. All gone now.
Oh good. It's one thing if other people think I'm crazy, but once I have to start agreeing with them....... :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom