Do we have a thread on kitchen organization?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your very welcome licia.

angelbear......do you have room for a portable island.....a small one on wheels? Something that has an open area on the bottom for pots and pans? If so maybe you can find something like that to do your prep work on and put some eye hooks underneath and hang your pots & pans and if you find one with a bottom shelf you can put your lids there. Just a thought.

rickell..........if you don't use them often personally I'd put them aside.....that'd remedy your frustration when getting in the drawer. Also, do you have any place in your rental space to put in a tall cabinet to use as a pantry?

SizzlininIN said:
:ohmy:.......sorry if I or another poster touched a nerve. I know I was just trying to help out fellow member that asked. Have a great day!

Not at all, the point being how can I organize your kitchen? You are the cook in your kitchen and it has to be set up for you. THere are some design basics but past that, it's up to the chef. Sorry if I typed to the bare essentials a few times yesterday and gave folks the impression I was having attitude.

my pantry is very tall the shelves go all the way to the ceiling. i have stuff
up there i hardly use canning jars, huge things of paper plates, cup and
baskets that were giving to me, that i only use once in a great while.

maybe my cleaning of the pantry has not been all that great, i normally only
clean out the food products.

My kitchen is RDG's layout. My sink is in different location, but basically the same layout. I have a butcher block which is my life saver. In the middle of the kitchen where most everything is started, finished, or done on this surface. I also have a pantry next to the kitchen. Before I had my kitchen
(while we were building our home) I had a Hoosier Cabinet. That was wonderful. Stand in front and bake, mix. I have the Hooiser Cabinet in my Laundry Room now...stand in front fold, sort, wrap gifts, etc. A butcher block and a Hoosier Cabinet are two great pieces of furniture.

Back
Top Bottom