Do you ever cook an entree and a dessert in the oven together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawg, I use my old Cuisinart TO for a lot of entrees, too. The enchiladas use a bigger pan, though, and they freeze well. So will most everything else I'll put in "Big Bertha", so at least I'll be saving energy (both National Grid's and mine) in the long run.

Now that the weather is nice, Himself will be doing some cooking on the grill. He could end up getting tired of grilled foods this summer! :LOL:

My oven is natural gas, and in these parts it's a lot less expensive than electricity. That being said, I use my TO a lot, and always for baked potatoes, or for a small casserole.

About 10 years ago my oven's brain (control panel) died (and could not be fixed/replaced) just before Easter. So we ordered a new range but it wouldn't be delivered before the holiday. AND SO a new Easter tradition was born. I roasted an eye round roast in my TO. Everything else was done on the stove or microwave. It turned out wonderful (and less heat in the kitchen). Now we have eye round roast with burgundy gravy for Easter every year.

About 10 years ago my oven's brain (control panel) died (and could not be fixed/replaced) just before Easter. So we ordered a new range but it wouldn't be delivered before the holiday. AND SO a new Easter tradition was born. I roasted an eye round roast in my TO. Everything else was done on the stove or microwave. It turned out wonderful (and less heat in the kitchen). Now we have eye round roast with burgundy gravy for Easter every year.

What's Too ?

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

The electric bill was a quite a shocker when I started cooking and baking. People say it's cheaper to make your own food, but between buying ingredients and the electric Bill, I'm not so sure.

I'm knocking myself out trying to maximize my usage in a big way! I even stagger my dough making so that when two loaves come out, two more are ready to go in. Then I freeze the whole mess.

I wish my oven were smaller and may look into TOs.

Back
Top Bottom