Do you know Caribbean "roots"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread reminds me of my trip to Brazil. I was visiting with my friend who was getting married. Her grandmother never stops cooking. She had all 4 burners on the stove going all day long with "something" or another and kept coming at me with forks full of food yammering in Portuguese then nodding for my approval. My friend kept trying to explain what I was eating before it could be stuffed in my mouth. At one point she got stumped and said, "This is....a potato's cousin." :LOL:

I gained a lot of weight on that trip. :glare:

This gives me an idea. There are SO many types of produce for sale here that I just don't know what to do with. Maybe I'll take photos and post them on DC so you guys can help me figure out what it is and what I could use it for.

CraigC said:
These are items we used in our dinner last night. The root veg on the left is a sweet potato, but do you know what the other two are? Middle two are the same.

Craig

I'm curious Craig what was created with these root vegetables?

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

I'm curious Craig what was created with these root vegetables?

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Vaca frita with tuber hash. It is a recipe from Norman Van Aken. I think most of his food has a Caribbean flair and he likes his spicy stuff, as I do myself.

Craig

This gives me an idea. There are SO many types of produce for sale here that I just don't know what to do with. Maybe I'll take photos and post them on DC so you guys can help me figure out what it is and what I could use it for.

Sounds good, I'd like to assist with mystery food!

Back
Top Bottom