Do you serve canned cranberries cold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swstar

Assistant Cook
It is Canadian Thanksgiving and I need an answer please! Do you serve your canned cranberries cold, room temperature, or heated?

Cold. By the time the dishes are plated, and everyone is seated -- plus adding your hot food to the plate, room temp is fine, as well. Happy Thanksgiving.:)

I believe it should be room temp or chilled. I make my own a day before and it is nice and chilled when I serve it.

What is Canadian Thanksgiving???? I never heard of it. I didn't think anyone is the world celebrated Thanksgiving but Americans.

What is Canadian Thanksgiving???? I never heard of it. I didn't think anyone is the world celebrated Thanksgiving but Americans.

You're almost right. Few countries celebrate Thanksgiving. The US and Canada are two.

Thanksgiving is a celebration of a good harvest and other 'blessings'.

Andy M. said:
You're almost right. Few countries celebrate Thanksgiving. The US and Canada are two.

Thanksgiving is a celebration of a good harvest and other 'blessings'.

You're right Andy - as a national holiday called Thanksgiving - perhaps Canada and the US are "unique". But most countries and/or cultures around the world celebrate a harvest festival in one way or another.

swstar said:
It is Canadian Thanksgiving and I need an answer please! Do you serve your canned cranberries cold, room temperature, or heated?

If it's the jellied cranberry sauce - always chilled as cold as I can get it. If it's the chunks-o-fruit type being served like a compote either chilled or room temp. The only time I ever heat it is if I'm going to use it as a hot sauce to serve over a meat.

Who serves canned cranberries? I'm the guy that made the green bean caserrole from scratch, remember?

I buy fresh cranberries and make my own cranberry/orange relish from a recipe I've had for years.

Who serves canned cranberries? I'm the guy that made the green bean caserrole from scratch, remember?

I buy fresh cranberries and make my own cranberry/orange relish from a recipe I've had for years.

Lots of people - it goes back to "tradition" sometimes.

I've never heated the canned cranberries - always preferred them cold. I also make my own cranberry/orange relish and serve that cold as well. The only relish I ever served warm was a port wine/shallot/cranberry concoction.

:)I have no problem with canned cranberries sometimes you just cant find fresh there are people I know who will only eat the jellied kind and wont touch fresh.When I make fresh I use orange juice instead of water.When I do Thanksgiving in Texas we have fresh and the 2 canned types that way everybody is happy.
Almost forgot I like all 3 versions cold.

I make my relish in the Cuisinart with oranges, then it's served cold, or by the time everyone is finished at the table, it's room temp.....good both ways!!!

I serve canned cranberries all year long. While I make my own at Thanksgiving, I still like to have canned (Ocean Spray, thank you,) cranberries whenever I want them. I love them. I serve them at room temperature. They seem to have more flavor that way.

Back
Top Bottom