Do you wear an apron when cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tons of aprons, mostly full coverage style. I've made them all and use vintage patterns dating to the '20s and '30s. I love them. I'm notorious for swiping my hands on my thighs, so my aprons keep my pants/slacks presentable. Buck loved my "grandma" aprons, as he called them.

I really should get a few. I noticed the other night at work that I had what looked like a grease stain on my top. I was embarrassed. Yep, its apron time.

I got dh one for grilling on ebay, used. Denim. I also got one for myself recently, pretty pink stripes.

I wear one when I'm cooking with my granddaughter. I gave her two aprons as one of her Christmas presents last year, and she loves them. So, when we cook together, I don't want to feel left out by not wearing one. We really feel like we are a team when we wear our aprons.

I don't wear one but I often think to myself, "I wish I had an apron". Now that I read "flirtyaprons.com" from one of the previous posts I must go shop:)

I really should get a few. I noticed the other night at work that I had what looked like a grease stain on my top. I was embarrassed. Yep, its apron time.

Oh no! I know that feeling. Spotted one on my suit jacket right before a meeting right above the breast area but below the color bone a few months ago. A friend tried one of those little pre-packaged "Shouts" which made it into a giant wet circle. I had to slap a paper sticker name tage over it. How embarrasing indeed!

I used to wipe wet hands on my apron in my first kitchen and the chef would yell at me pretty good. I still wear an apron at work but only halfway, as in the waist and down. I tend to keep pretty clean at work since a few years back when I was a mess.

Only if I am into marthon cooking.
I''' take a day and make barbque sauce, texas hot sauce, meatballs, lasagna soups, that is when Im restocking up the freezer. or when I'm doing alot of baking with flour.

I have 2 -- one that I made to match my grandkids aprons when they come over and my other was one of my grama 's. When she passed I received one of her aprons. That one I don't use that often it just hangs there to have grama in the kitchen with me

The bane of my cooking (and laundry) existence. I have several great aprons, but I simply forget to wear them, and wind up doing extra pre-treating on any solid-colored shirt I own for either grease spots (you'd think I fry a lot of food looking at my shirts, but I really don't, I just manage to splatter a lot when I do) or tomato sauces (which I DO do a lot,and when those tomato bubbles pop, guess who's standing right in front of them?). I am getting better at putting on an apron, but still mostly forget.

I don't wear apron when cooking, but I have few old dresses, that I wear when cooking (you will always find a spot of grease or some patch on your dress when cooking Indian food) so I don't have to worry about stains.

I have a bunch of aprons but only wear them on special occasions/holidays when I usually have on something that I don't want to mess up. I don't worry too much about cooking in my regular attire, bluejeans and t's :).

I have some very nice aprons - mostly made for me by friends so I don't wear them. One day I'm going to buy myself a plain old butcher's apron and wear that and save my clothes from all the stains I have to treat to get clean.

No, I never wear one. It seems that I'm the only one here. :) I use kitchen cloth to wipe my hands and I never cook in clothes that I don't want to make dirty. Mybe it's because my mum hasn't had one. When I was a child, I had to wear an apron while I was helping in the kitchen, but couldn't get used to it. :)

I have one apron which I purchased years ago at the senior citizens craft shoppe in town, and I only wear it as soon as Fall is here and through Spring. My oldest daughter then calls me Edith, as she says I remind her of Edith Bunker when I'm wearing my apron.

SO is always on my case to wear an apron when I cook as she is tired of trying to get the stains out of my Ts and Polo shirts. I keep forgetting until something splashes or splatters onto my clothing.

She finally got fed up enough to hang a hook in the kitchen with an apron on it, right out there in plain sight so I don't forget it. Works most of the time.

P.S. My kids gave me a new apron last Christmas. It's black with pinstripes and covers just about everything. Looks good on that hook...

I used to, then my daughter started hanging in my apron strings and that is dangerous, so not anymore.

I have 3 aprons, one for when I make pasta, 1 for everything else in the kitchen and 1 that I bought from the La Scala Opera house in Milan that I use to serve up dishes at the table when I do a special dinner. Snob or what! But my guests love it and it always reminds me of when I went to La Scala to see Carmen. It was awesome, and it brings back memories of a very happy evening and a wonderful dinner after the performance.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I own 3 and yes, I do wear them.........I'm a slob when cooking especially making a roux.......nothing worse that being burnt and getting oil-soaked clothes at the same time.......however, they are about 10 years old, too.........if I'm cooking for friends the apron is part of the package!

As a girl, my German-heritage grandmother always wore aprons........she'd sew them from old clothes on her foot-operated Singer-sewing machine......nothing was wasted at her house

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom