"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #71
Senior Cook

I have a bunch of aprons but only wear them on special occasions/holidays when I usually have on something that I don't want to mess up. I don't worry too much about cooking in my regular attire, bluejeans and t's .

Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #72
Executive Chef

I have some very nice aprons - mostly made for me by friends so I don't wear them. One day I'm going to buy myself a plain old butcher's apron and wear that and save my clothes from all the stains I have to treat to get clean.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:51 AM   #73
Assistant Cook

No, I never wear one. It seems that I'm the only one here. :) I use kitchen cloth to wipe my hands and I never cook in clothes that I don't want to make dirty. Mybe it's because my mum hasn't had one. When I was a child, I had to wear an apron while I was helping in the kitchen, but couldn't get used to it. :)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 AM   #74
Assistant Cook

I meant I'm the only one, who doesn't have any aprons... :)
Old 08-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #75
Senior Cook

I have one apron which I purchased years ago at the senior citizens craft shoppe in town, and I only wear it as soon as Fall is here and through Spring. My oldest daughter then calls me Edith, as she says I remind her of Edith Bunker when I'm wearing my apron.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #76
Certified Pretend Chef

SO is always on my case to wear an apron when I cook as she is tired of trying to get the stains out of my Ts and Polo shirts. I keep forgetting until something splashes or splatters onto my clothing.

She finally got fed up enough to hang a hook in the kitchen with an apron on it, right out there in plain sight so I don't forget it. Works most of the time.

P.S. My kids gave me a new apron last Christmas. It's black with pinstripes and covers just about everything. Looks good on that hook...
Old 08-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #77
Sous Chef

I used to, then my daughter started hanging in my apron strings and that is dangerous, so not anymore.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #78
Master Chef

I only use an apron outdoors when BBQing.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:22 PM   #79
Senior Cook

I have 3 aprons, one for when I make pasta, 1 for everything else in the kitchen and 1 that I bought from the La Scala Opera house in Milan that I use to serve up dishes at the table when I do a special dinner. Snob or what! But my guests love it and it always reminds me of when I went to La Scala to see Carmen. It was awesome, and it brings back memories of a very happy evening and a wonderful dinner after the performance.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
Old 08-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #80
Master Chef

I own 3 and yes, I do wear them.........I'm a slob when cooking especially making a roux.......nothing worse that being burnt and getting oil-soaked clothes at the same time.......however, they are about 10 years old, too.........if I'm cooking for friends the apron is part of the package!

As a girl, my German-heritage grandmother always wore aprons........she'd sew them from old clothes on her foot-operated Singer-sewing machine......nothing was wasted at her house