Do you wear an apron when cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Instead of aprons, I buy really cheap extra large T shirts in dozen lots (the kind used for cheap screen printing). When they get so bad that they embarass even me, I just throw then out.

I wear a very masculine, he-man, manly, guy-type, very un-girly New England Patriots Football apron from time to time.

I don't. But I have always wanted to get one, just haven't found the right one in terms of size and design. Most of the aprons are a bit long and big for me... Any suggestions for where to buy smaller aprons?

I have two, and wear the one from the White Pine Lumber Co. in Chicago for baking. The black Kinko's one for bbq and such. I always wear an apron when I'm not wearing anything else to cook.

We had "steal a present" game at Christmas.......I wrapped a definite male-oriented apron and a duck oriented Christmas ornament ......and knew that my nephew who is getting married July 4 and loves to cook and hunt would steal it from any of the guys who got it first.......he didn't disappoint me..........

"The bravest man in the world is the man who grills wieners on a grill at a nudist camp without an apron" - former nudist camp cook

I have a couple of aprons ... I generally cook in sweats or jeans and a t-shirt and only put the apron on after dressing for dinner to do the dishing up - if it's a fancy dinner. Of course, around here, a fancy dinner might be considered one where you have to wear shoes.

(LOL - actually I have hosted some really formal dinners ...)

Last edited:
I always wear an apron. I recently went through about 10 years of photos, and I can count on one hand where I was not wearing an apron. I probably have about 20, 14 are all the same. They were from a fundraiser.

you're too funny, UB...............you'd never find my hubby in one either though I bet if you had a top hat and tails you could probably dance like Fred Astaire, too.................when's the video coming out???:ROFLMAO:

As soon as I find a Ginger.....Would you like to audition?? ;)

All you have to do is everything I do .... backwards and in heels..:ermm:

:LOL:

Nope. I have a couple of "cooking shirts." They are designated for the task. If anything spills on them, so what. It's much easier. I think an apron is great, but just an old shirt is much more practical to me. That way, I don't have to worry if something spatters on the sleeve.

yes, I wear aprons when cooking/baking. I went through a phase of making aprons, some really nice bib type, reversible, with two pockets on each side, top stitched all around, including the ties....I still have several..

yes, I wear aprons when cooking/baking. I went through a phase of making aprons, some really nice bib type, reversible, with two pockets on each side, top stitched all around, including the ties....I still have several..
That's very cool. I wish I could find something that nice. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond and it has two pockets on the front but I know it can't be as nice as one hand made.

You went to Le Cordon Bleu??!! That's been my dream!

LCB Paris was co-sponsor of the Masters Diploma Program I took from Universite de Reims, Champagne-Ardennes in 2007. We had our first intensive week of classes there, and cooked on Saturday. They gave us each very impressive certificates of completion.

In 2005 I did a 2-day stage with noted fish chef and instructor, Marc Thivet. WOW, did I have a good time learning more about fish and seafood! Just him, me and a translator! Everyone came in to eat what we made at the end of each day, tho! :)

As well, I have taken 1-day demo classes there which are available to travelers. If you ever go to Paris, you can take one, two or so... It's lots of fun, and the translators are excellent, so if you are not fluent in French, no matter.

Back
Top Bottom