Does anyone like Fish Tacos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
They have become my most recent addiction. I have had them several times in the last 3 months. I wasn't feeling good and didn't want anything for dinner, until about 7 pm. I made this recipe: (or based on it--I used a different cheese and had no salsa) On the side, I had spanish rice. Here are a couple of photos from dinner.
yum.gif

Fish Taco Wrap Recipe : Recipezaar

img_766274_1_f9eabf54d5734c3b6b5648e0ea002d8f.jpg

img_766274_2_009df237f6b9e0d5440e401df40e53a3.jpg

LOL yes and we have had a couple of threads on it recently (in the last year at least). I tried one recipe off here that was tasty, and yours looks fantastic!

Yes, I just had the pleasure of trying them for the first time a few month ago. I loved them.

Yeah, I like fish tacos - especially with a tall frosty margarita!

I second that!!! Great combination. I love fish tacos and if you live in California or Nevads try Rubios. Best fish taco on the west coast. You can probably get the recipe online. A couple of times a year, Rubios features a lobster taco. Great stuff!
My daughter makes fish tacos with VanCamps crispy fish filets for the kids and I think hers come real close to Rubios.

I second that!!! Great combination. I love fish tacos and if you live in California or Nevads try Rubios. Best fish taco on the west coast. You can probably get the recipe online. A couple of times a year, Rubios features a lobster taco. Great stuff!
My daughter makes fish tacos with VanCamps crispy fish filets for the kids and I think hers come real close to Rubios.

I cook for at a private school and this is the way we make our fish tacos as well. We use the super yummy fish sticks from costco, a little mango salsa and shredded cabbage....all in a corn tortilla. The kids love them.

Yum VB!!! Thats one thing I def miss about California...the Mexican food!! It just isn't the same anywhere else!

Great Pic!!

Even though we live on the coast, fish tacos are not widely available here. I think that's more of a Baja thing. There is a fish taco place here in Bucerias that served good fish tacos, though - they serve them with a "white" sauce that tastes like it has crema (like double cream), mayo, lime juice, cilantro..maybe something else. Very good.

I LOVE that white sauce Karen!! Many places in San Diego and L.A. (authentic places that is) make it that way and I have always wanted to try and duplicate it at home....on my to do list!! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom