Does everybody know this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I nuke it to melt the cheese, then crisp the crust in a CI skillet. Or just eat it cold from the fridge!

I'm a nuker then into the toaster oven person, but really I like cold pizza cold.

I butter the bottom of the cold pizza and heat it slowly in a cast iron skillet that is covered in the beginning. Once you get the hang of the low and slow the crust comes out toasted like a grilled cheese sandwich. It takes some practice but it is worth it.

I give it a little preheat in the microwave, then slide it into a skillet with a little olive oil, cover until heated through. It's almost better than fresh.

I've never worried about having it cold, but I am definitely going to try the skillet method

I butter the bottom of the cold pizza and heat it slowly in a cast iron skillet that is covered in the beginning. Once you get the hang of the low and slow the crust comes out toasted like a grilled cheese sandwich. It takes some practice but it is worth it.

I'll have to remember this! ;) :chef:

I've never tried that. I usually either just put it in the microwave or toaster oven depending on how hungry I am. If I can't wait long, nuke it, otherwise toaster oven.

The best way to reheat a slice of cold pizza is in a hot skillet.

Next??..............

(This is my take on how I think you intended this thread to go.)

The Best Way to Make Hamburger Steak with gravy is to buy Frozen Hamburger patties (especially good with onions).:chef:

Actually, I had thought it might have gone that way, too, Patty, but then wouldn't it have been moved to kitchen tips or whatever that thread is called???

Actually, I had thought it might have gone that way, too, Patty, but then wouldn't it have been moved to kitchen tips or whatever that thread is called???

I don't know. That was JMHO. Some one will move or delete my post if I am wrong.;)

Kayelle said:
Yup, that's actually how I intended it to go, but I was just sitting back getting extra feedback on how to heat up pizza. I think Aunt Bea's is my fav.

I think the humor went over our collective heads, Kayelle. Another (non cooking) forum I go to calls it "Tips and Tricks, for those of us who may not know." It has some really good info. Not a question forum, but a place for people with iPads to share things they have discovered about their iPads. Maybe we could try something like that, as was your original intent.

I'll add: throw oil and vinegar or other acid into an almost empty bottle of mayo, dressing, tomato juice, sauce, etc. Add herbs or dried minced onions or garlic if desired. Shake well, instant marinade or salad dressing.

Another: some beagles like bland dried peaches.

Last edited:
O.K. now that I understand what's supposed to be going on in this thread!

To make perfect hard boiled eggs. Cover the eggs in cold water, put a lid on the pan, bring to a full boil for 1 minute, turn off heat source and don't peek for 15-20 minutes. Perfect hard boiled eggs every time with less heat and less expense.

Next.

You know, it's a shame. The cast iron skillet plan is probably the greatest idea posted here on how to do it but really -- who has time to wait that long for reheated pizza?

I am all for skipping the microwave, because really, who the heck microwaves anything. But old pizza either straight out of the box or the toaster oven is probably one of the top ten best Saturday morning lazy meals in the world.

Oh, and as long as we're supposed to be posting actual tips --

Get yourself a ton of those fancy red disposable beer cups all the college kids use in the movies. When you make a stew or a chili you can pour a single serving into the cups and cover it in saran wrap. Freeze it up.

When you're ready to eat it you can reheat a single portion in a pot on the stove just by breaking open the cup.

Since I realize now that this is not about how to heat pizza, here's a tip from me lol!

How to boil rice perfectly and never burn it!

Place your rice into a pot that looks slightly bigger than you might need. Rinse well then cover with enough water to bring the level to half a thumb length above the rice. Add salt then bring to a vigorous boil for 2 mins. Turn the heat off and once the water is just gently simmering close the lid and allow to steam with stove off for 30 mins.
P.S The reason for the bigger pot is too prevent the steam from pushing the lid off. I've never burnt rice with this method and it comes out perfectly every time. Works for long grain white and basmati rice. Brown rice can be done in the same way but boil for 10 mins before closing the lid since brown rice takes longer to cook.

Back
Top Bottom