"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Great advice Andy, and thanks for clearing up the 'fall of the bone myth'. ;)
I'll try it out tomorrow.

Cheers!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

welcome to d.c. we are glad to see you here

Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
Executive Chef

welcome, eager, to dc. i predict you will love it here for many more reasons than tips on frying drumsticks. my favorite part of the chicken--or duck, or game hen, or turkey, etc.,...seems like you have this frying chicken in a pan well under control, with plenty of good advice. i would like to suggest just one thing in case you've not done this already--buy and fry a pan full of organic drumsticks. big wow. :)
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

I'll give that a try vitauta!
I ended up making risotto today, so that will have to wait
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

As a side note on the color of the chicken near the bone, often with very young chickens, the marrow will leach out of the bones and discolor the meat. Sometimes it is almost unavoidable but harmless, if the temp is right.
BTW, welcome to D.C.!!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
As a side note on the color of the chicken near the bone, often with very young chickens, the marrow will leach out of the bones and discolor the meat. Sometimes it is almost unavoidable but harmless, if the temp is right.
BTW, welcome to D.C.!!
Cheers that is good to know. The chicken was indeed very young i think. the bone marrow was pretty red when i took it out of the package.

What I did today though. was cook it the same as yesterday but in the end I added some extremly fine diced chalots and garlic in (saute), than splashed a cup of white whine in it with a few table spoons of stock. (while the roasted side was up so it stayed crispy). some butter in and extremly fine diced chalots and garlic and let it simmer for 2 min after that put it on a plate gravy over it and let it rest 3 min.

So in total i added 2 minutes to the dish. and because of the extra liquid it steamed from beneath a bit i think. And i must say, the flavour was awesome the chicken still tender and I lost the pinkish stuff.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager View Post
Cheers that is good to know. The chicken was indeed very young i think. the bone marrow was pretty red when i took it out of the package.

What I did today though. was cook it the same as yesterday but in the end I added some extremly fine diced chalots and garlic in (saute), than splashed a cup of white whine in it with a few table spoons of stock. (while the roasted side was up so it stayed crispy). some butter in and extremly fine diced chalots and garlic and let it simmer for 2 min after that put it on a plate gravy over it and let it rest 3 min.

So in total i added 2 minutes to the dish. and because of the extra liquid it steamed from beneath a bit i think. And i must say, the flavour was awesome the chicken still tender and I lost the pinkish stuff.
Woo Hoo......now you're cookin', Eager!! Good job!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote